News.... News... News.... !

Discuss & sharing nostalgia relating from the pirate stations of the 60s up to modern day inactive stations.
Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

News.... News... News.... !

Post by Albert H » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Caroline is testing from Suffolk with a 1 kW rig on 648 kHz Medium Wave. They're playing continuous music with occasional identification announcements. It's a reasonable daytime signal over most of East Anglia and into parts of the Benelux, but it's trodden on at night by a powerful Slovenian station. They're begging for reception reports. Give it a listen and let them know how it's getting out to your part of the world!
Is it meant to smoke like that? :shock:

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: News.... News... News.... !

Post by famefm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 pm

I think I can hear it in Slough now (with interfernce as it 9 30 at night and it is album music and the last tune was a beatles song I'm 95 %sure it's Caroline

SundayGroover
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by SundayGroover » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:33 pm

Getting it reasonably well in West Suffolk on the Pioneer tuner, I've also tried several WEBSDR's and it's audible in Doncaster, Norway, Edinburgh and Germany. (This was earlier this evening).

Dennis99
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Dennis99 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Been booming in on an old Sony tranny and in my Ford Tranny since Saturday here in east Norfolk, finished at midday today. Waiting for the next phase.