ID this please

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: ID this please

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:34 am

regulaterz wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm almost twins big up the glue gun massive lol .
I have no idear what happened to that, it looks like its be in an oven, and melted? no warrantee there!

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:36 am

regulaterz wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm almost twins big up the glue gun massive lol .
We don't sell them like that. I have no idear what gone on there?

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:48 am

Undercover Neckz wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:49 pm Woody's up against some strong competition on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//331976526989
Oh you cheeky mair, Woody has been round a long time, he knows what he is doing!

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:52 am

thewoodstarr wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:48 am
Undercover Neckz wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:49 pm Woody's up against some strong competition on eBay

Oh you cheeky mair, Woody has been round a long time, he knows what he is doing!
Really dont buy that mate, it is a world of shit. I know someone that bought one, it is nothing like our equipment.

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:11 am

thewoodstarr wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:34 am
I have no idear what happened to that, it looks like its be in an oven, and melted? no warrantee there!
I know mate its also looks like a clone, someone has tried to copy our boards , it not one of ours mate.

RF-Head
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by RF-Head » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:53 am

No it's you selling this on ebay!!!
With the driver from the startpost in it and i know the bipolar_transistor and have seen the board he was talking about on his workbench
And where the hell get you the ID that it is FCC and R&TTE
I make legal DAB+ transmitters with FCC and R&TTE /CE on it and know what to do to make it between the regulations
There missing lots of things starting screening !! ac input filtering ,better lowpass ,out off lock power down -80dB and SWR protection , MPX clipper and go so on.
chinese buck converters without screening will give lots of spur next to you carrier and why picture from a sinus on a scope don't you have a spectrum analyser?
Even your box can't be FCC and RTTE CE

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:06 am

And out he crawls out the woodwork, :D
it's the VERY same board.....

....And nice soldering

MC Spanner
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by MC Spanner » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:47 pm

teckniqs wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:06 amit's the VERY same board.....
Is that a Woody rig? Not defending the construction but the last Woody rig I saw had a completely different driver and PA. Couple of years ago now. That box shown would be a step backwards

MC Spanner
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by MC Spanner » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:48 pm

thewoodstarr wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:11 am
I know mate its also looks like a clone, someone has tried to copy our boards , it not one of ours mate.
Why do you keep replying to yourself!

MC Spanner
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by MC Spanner » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:51 pm

thewoodstarr wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:11 am
Woodstar which of the two boards shown are you saying isn't yours? Both are shocking and wouldn't get anyone's approval. That design first appeared around 1985 but was quickly replaced by early versions of the Dawson exciter. Like someone else just said you need to do a few things to stop it taking off. Both attempts shown here are miles away.

s2000

Post by s2000 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 pm

If it the exciter does self oscillate, it wont be very clever going into a 70-200mhz broadband 45w chinese power amp lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIY-kits-45W- ... SwyKxXhL94

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:23 pm

cheers folks never meant to start a big debate lol .thats that answered very good bit of detective work just from a pic :)and sum dolla down the drain as got it off some 1 else who actuality offerd to hook me back up some cash after i pointed them to this TBH but i declined as not ther fault they where just doing what the dude on flebay was doing and earning a crust .squarer 1 again lmao

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:59 am

Just for fun, we tried one of these out on the bench. The one we got was pretty damn clean! It looks like Shenzhen have finally got themselves some RF engineers who know what they're doing. The exciter used a single chip oscillator / PLL with a separate chip for the display drive / PLL programming / level setting and mode selection. It had a dual digital potentiometer chip for mod level setting, and a separate stereo coder IC that I hadn't seen before. The output power was over 180 Watts at 48V supply at the bottom of the band, declining to about 160 Watts at the top of the band. All the power was on one frequency which was very unusual for one of these Chinese efforts and if they can keep this quality up, and the prices down, these could be good little pirate rigs. They're certainly cleaner than most of the UK-built junk I've seen lately!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:07 am

thewoodstarr wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:57 am
Mate you saying don't put any filtering on, your a dick bro, that needs it, 170 Watt amp it's going into,,,, a very high gain amp. Donut!
The "filter" on that board isn't going to work, and if the "Unique" effort http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Export-60-Wat ... 7675.l2557 is an example of this guy's work, he really needs some lessons in RF layout and screening. The nasty Chinese PA board in the "Unique" rig is also going to generate plenty of harmonic crap of its own.....
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:07 am

looks like radio 1s gona have a rig missing then Lol }JOKE{ What about 1 of these ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1W-7W-Stereo- ... 2672380480?)

Maximus
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

ID this please

Post by Maximus » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:20 am

teckniqs wrote:And out he crawls out the woodwork, :D
Good to see Teck back with the puns lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:31 am

regulaterz wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:07 am looks like radio 1s gona have a rig missing then Lol }JOKE{ What about 1 of these ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1W-7W-Stereo- ... 2672380480?)
See my thread - "Nasty" for an example of what one of these might do.

bipolar_transistor
ne guy
ne guy

Post by bipolar_transistor » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Turn it in woody..... you have personally sold me some absolute crap in the past. Everytime I put one of your rigs up its gets taken within a couple of weeks, since ive been using N I don't get hit for months and months and months..
When your boxes are on theres a terrible buzzing noise either side of my frequency which travels a good couple of miles from my block. Probably you shit unfiltered unregulated switch mode drop downs!
I'm sorry mate but your stuff is shite!! Get some boards printed with a decent ground plane, fix your doubler and output!!
You are running a transformer after your 5 paired up mpsh10's which is out putting 1 watt of harmonics hence why you have added a low pass filter to the exciter !!! Name one other 1 watt exciter that needs a filter from any other builder??
Your doubler could be one stage later therefore you will only amplify they 1st harmonic from your half frequency.
Ive had many of your bits on the bench, you can disconnect the oscillator stage completely and the board still continues to give out about half a watt on the meter because you have biased the output stage to much causing to much gain, the yellow doubler coils self oscillate when you removed the oscillator or slightly off tune it...
I never speak badly of anyone but to see some poor guy pay the 'going rate' for this shit is shocking..
I bought several rigs from you years ago, had some shit satcan which was a double can width a TV connector, death as hell!
The amp you done me was spider wired, I cant remember the transistor but I remember how badly matched it was and how bloody hot it got.
Then I was setting up aylow for a while running your gear, it was impossible, buzzing, not locking, overheating and NO FILTERING!

A few years back you did an effort where the whole board top layer was positive and whole bottom layer was negative, you had no regulator to the oscillator stage and no pll filtering, whilstled like a fucker when the bass dropped. Then you did your 5 watt effort, again very poorly matched it was shocking. Oh and your band1 receiver hahahaha, you need about 500watts just to link to it, deaf hell and bandpass not tuned!
So to say you are compliant to RTTE and CE marked etc is very funny indeed!! No ferrite beads, no fuses, no filters, no screening... Yeah sure your compliant hahahah...

People buy a proper rig from N, J, H or M.... stay clear from this stuff! Ive seen so many rigs from him claiming 200watts with no filter, 40 watts of which are harmonics!! FIX UP WOODY, your a disgrace to radio!

WestflexWF103
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by WestflexWF103 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:57 pm

He's not RTTE and CE compliant, he's an RTTE and CE complaint.

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:53 pm

will use it in an appocalipse to gather every one together 😂😂😂😂