Best Dutch Transmitter

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
PhillTheChill
ne guy
ne guy

Best Dutch Transmitter

Post by PhillTheChill » Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 pm

What are the best dutch 1 Watt, 6 Watt and 15 Watt FM transmitters and links to them please OR is there anything better available.

yellowbeard
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Best Dutch Transmitter

Post by yellowbeard » Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 pm

I've had two of the Dutch RF shop 6 Watt kits through here recently. It works well, is clean, compact, comes with a tin plate box and doesn't get hot at any power setting. For €60 Yoyos you can't go wrong. Watch out for the instructions though, they are in Dutch! :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

https://dutchrfshop.nl/en/diy-kits-pcb-s/524-onderdelenkit-drfs06-v2-fm-zender-6-watt.html

PhillTheChill
ne guy
ne guy

Post by PhillTheChill » Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Since Im not very good at kit soldering where is the best place to get one already built.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 am

I'll second Yellowbeard's suggestion. I've seen a couple of these recently, and they perform remarkably well for a cheap exciter. They won't quite match up to the expensive ones, but for something that you're very likely to "lose", it's a good option. The ones I had on the bench were run at 14.4V and I found that I could get over 8 Watts out of each one. They make a good, clean, adjustable drive for a PA. I ran one into an MRF151 PA without any issue, and the output cleanliness was mostly down to the output lowpass filter. The in-band products were very small. This made for a good, cheap rig for pirate use (it's being used in southern Netherlands at weekends) - the PSU cost more than the exciter and PA!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)