Seamless DJ change over internet.

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
OldskoolPirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Seamless DJ change over internet.

Post by OldskoolPirate » Tue May 28, 2019 9:55 am

Iv been racking my brains for a while now on how to seamlessly swap djs from multiple locations between adverts every 2 hours. I can use automation software to time the adverts which would simply cut off the dj at exactly E.G 2pm. But then how would the next dj know when to connect or start playing, as they will not know when the adverts have finished. Also, there is up to a 30 second lag on shoutcast/icecast.

Then Iv got the problem of, what if the dj doesn’t turn up ? It would have to revert to playlist. I need a “bed” playing until there is a connection from the next dj, otherwise it will go silent.

I need to make this as idiot proof as possible for djs, because most of them are proper thick when it comes to I.T.

I’m thinking I may have to write my own script for this, as I cannot find anything out there that does this kind of thing.

Is there any software that can help me ?

Thanks
:tup

Shiv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: Seamless DJ change over internet.

Post by Shiv » Tue May 28, 2019 4:26 pm

I believe radio providers like radio.co and tools like airtime pro allow a scheduled playlist to play and it would disconnect if a user connects via their login. So you could set up a playlist with ads to always run at the top of the hour with ads etc... and if a live dj connects at the correct time, it would override that playlist.

wazza

Re: Seamless DJ change over internet.

Post by wazza » Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 pm

From the sound of it, that's roughly what one of the Birmingham stations does these days. They seem to have quite a few shows streamed from other stations too. The adverts come in automatically every half hour, which works OK most of the time but sometimes cuts over the DJ speaking or after only about 5 seconds of a song has played...