Producers add your tunes

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.
Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Producers add your tunes

Post by Sparki » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:06 pm

I dont see a category for producers to add their music, so thought Id start a thread. Here is something I made. My inspiration for this was Deekline, gone for the early 00s breakstep/breakbeat garage sound with this. Wouldn't mind some opinions https://soundcloud.com/sparki-dee/sparki-dee-vice-den

Post your tunes!

sde-1104
Neckmin
Neckmin

Re: Producers add your tunes

Post by sde-1104 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:15 am

:tup I like it - it reminds me of DJ Zinc. I had a friend who had loads of vinyl with similar sounds

Lengman
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Lengman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:09 pm

That's nice. However, I tried reviving Breakstep a couple of years ago and nobody gave a shit so you're probably wasting your time sadly. Kids today would rather sniff ket and shuffle to the latest Jamie Jones tripe than listen to something more experimental like Breakstep.
I'm giving up on you guys cos you're all gimps

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:38 pm

At least it's not (yet) being diluted to levels comparable to homeopathy, sadly unlike other underground genres I absolutely love.

Gum
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Gum » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:59 pm

thewisepranker wrote: diluted to levels comparable to homeopathy
Fuckin lolol :lol:

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Its a shame this sound is buried in the 00s never to come back. I remember when Breaks was big business, I can only think of Krafty Kuts that is still making that sound. Breakstep has an awesome sound, certainly beats what dubstep is now.

sharky
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by sharky » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:38 pm

I remember trying to setup break fm in Luton a while back with this kind of idea, needles to say it didn't last long, neither did the station from what I remember.. Great track Spark
If you're going to put something on.... Don't brag, Just do; and for God's sake - do it properly!!!

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:58 pm

sharky wrote:I remember trying to setup break fm in Luton a while back with this kind of idea, needles to say it didn't last long, neither did the station from what I remember.. Great track Spark
Did you have Angel Farringdon DJing for you on Breaks FM? remember she did a stint on it.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:58 am

There was a Breaks FM 103.2 from south London around 99/2000 playing Breakbeat etc.
Didn't last all that long because their rigs kept getting taken.

sharky
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by sharky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:12 pm

Sparki wrote:
sharky wrote:I remember trying to setup break fm in Luton a while back with this kind of idea, needles to say it didn't last long, neither did the station from what I remember.. Great track Spark
Did you have Angel Farringdon DJing for you on Breaks FM? remember she did a stint on it.
I think Helen was on once or twice..
If you're going to put something on.... Don't brag, Just do; and for God's sake - do it properly!!!

thetufparker
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by thetufparker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 am

teckniqs wrote:There was a Breaks FM 103.2 from south London around 99/2000 playing Breakbeat etc.
Didn't last all that long because their rigs kept getting taken.
I got played on there a couple of times apparently, never got to listen cos didnt have internet then and couldnt get it this way in Kent. Is there any sets floating about on the net?

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:16 am

sharky wrote:
Sparki wrote:
I think Helen was on once or twice..
Lovely person she is! still in touch with her on FB, she does dnb, UKG now and some breaks bits here and there. Shame Breaks FM didnt last, do you have any recordings of it?

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:19 am

Thats wicked mate I like that!! nice bassline and dark sound to it. I have got myself a spot on London Pirate Radio if you want your tunes played send to me, I do Wednesdays 6-8pm with an unsigned show packed full of breaks, nu skool jungle, hardcore breaks, dnb and some garage/house.

thetufparker
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by thetufparker » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:45 pm

mate id be honered.. Im happy you like it - i made that around 1 year ago. I mainly make garage style tunes though have some other stuff i can send you as well if youd like (jungle wise).
please just shout me on messages, with your email - and ill happily supply some tunes..
heres another - slightly tongue in cheek - Garage style.
https://soundcloud.com/nickedrecords/i- ... ward-parks

sharky
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by sharky » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Sparkos

Lovely person she is! still in touch with her on FB, she does dnb, UKG now and some breaks bits here and there. Shame Breaks FM didnt last, do you have any recordings of it?[/quote]

She's been behind so many tracks you wouldn't believe!!! Both H & B are wonderful people. I lost contact for a bit when they moved house, havent spoken to them for a while but I did get a tweet from H a few weeks back saying hi.
I'll have to check my dats for the recordings, wasn't good at recording shows on Break, but I might have a few stashed.
She always dabbled, I've still got a few 10' test presses from her on garage, and not alot of people know but she was responsible for mixing-down " Babycakes " lol. FDLOM was another of the aliases.
H produces a few tunes that get played on the " Push & Pull " show on Freek, with DJ POtts and MC IC, but as i've sidestepped garage i'm not really paying attention to new releases from anyone at the moment. But I have a new project in the works, so that will probably change.

Lengman
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Lengman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:09 pm

sharky wrote:not alot of people know but she was responsible for mixing-down " Babycakes " lol.
I knew that. I've had the (dis)pleasure of being on the same station as 3 of a Kind in the past :oops:
I'm giving up on you guys cos you're all gimps

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:42 am

thetufparker wrote:mate id be honered.. Im happy you like it - i made that around 1 year ago. I mainly make garage style tunes though have some other stuff i can send you as well if youd like (jungle wise).
please just shout me on messages, with your email - and ill happily supply some tunes..
heres another - slightly tongue in cheek - Garage style.
https://soundcloud.com/nickedrecords/i- ... ward-parks
I just sent you a PM on here with my email so keep sending me your tunes :) always happy to help promote others, been doing this on various stations for 4 years now its always a buzz.

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:33 pm

sharky wrote:Sparkos

Lovely person she is! still in touch with her on FB, she does dnb, UKG now and some breaks bits here and there. Shame Breaks FM didnt last, do you have any recordings of it?
She's been behind so many tracks you wouldn't believe!!! Both H & B are wonderful people. I lost contact for a bit when they moved house, havent spoken to them for a while but I did get a tweet from H a few weeks back saying hi.
I'll have to check my dats for the recordings, wasn't good at recording shows on Break, but I might have a few stashed.
She always dabbled, I've still got a few 10' test presses from her on garage, and not alot of people know but she was responsible for mixing-down " Babycakes " lol. FDLOM was another of the aliases.
H produces a few tunes that get played on the " Push & Pull " show on Freek, with DJ POtts and MC IC, but as i've sidestepped garage i'm not really paying attention to new releases from anyone at the moment. But I have a new project in the works, so that will probably change.[/quote]

Yeah cool chuck up a few of the sets from the DAT's if you have them as never got to listen to anything of the station and always been intrigued on what it sounded like.

Yeah H is a really lovely person, I used to be on DSI back about 10/12 years ago and got talking to her on PM and she said send me your tunes. I did but I didnt think she would play anything of mine as back then my producing wasn't exactly on point lol! what she did play was a badly hacked together breaks tune with my voice on it through some dark sounding vocoder, a really distorted bass that kinda over took the chunky beat I put down for it and some stolen Altern8 samples but she still played it lol!. She has indeed been behind lots of wicked tunes but yeah personally not a fan of Babycakes either haha. She seems to remember me for some reason, and when it seems I have to make a new FB every so often she always pops up with a friend request and asks how Im doing and if Im still doing the tunes. Proper angel she is! as her DJ name states :) one of the scenes nice people.

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:26 pm

Latest tune from me, on a nice old skool jungle tip! free download once there is 1 thousand plays. So what are you waiting for? give this a listen, share to your mates, share to groups etc. Big up all raving crew! SPREAD OUT AND SCATTER! :) https://soundcloud.com/sparki-dee/spark ... t-1k-plays

Come on peeps, more tunes from yourselves in this post, feels like its just me keeping this going lol.