MIXING OR TUNE SELECTION

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.

MIXING OR TUNEAGE

beat matching
17%
good selection of tunes
83%

Total votes: 12

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

MIXING OR TUNE SELECTION

Post by regulaterz » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:42 am

start a poll on this one as im interested in others opinions .in my opinion its tune selection as not every ones ears are trained to here how good your mix is :tup

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: MIXING OR TUNE SELECTION

Post by thewisepranker » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 am

Both?

HAZARDFMradio
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by HAZARDFMradio » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:37 pm

beat matching....no 1 wants to hear clanging

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 am

Anyone can get 100 crap "deep house" tunes from the Beatport Top 100 and have Traktor mix them together seamlessly. I don't want to hear that shit.

frankie
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by frankie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:01 am

thewisepranker wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 am Anyone can get 100 crap "deep house" tunes from the Beatport Top 100 and have Traktor mix them together seamlessly. I don't want to hear that shit.
agreed 100000%

I would rather hear a high quality selection of tunes carefully selected by a dj & mixed with slip-ups/clangs here & there than the top 10 beatport edm tracks mixed flawlessly by a computer/ableton/some dj using sync.

of course, if you've got a high quality selection of tunes AND good mixing to boot then that's a winner :tup

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm

lol yes i suppose it depends on where and what your playing .but any 1 can mix now days with that magic sync button lol hate to say it tho im a syncer now days :lol: .but still can smash it on the 1s n 2s just got lazy :roll: thnks for the input guys

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:55 pm

There's nothing quite like a little mis match of beats or a record jumping halfway through a mix..I'm oldskool, can't mix for toffee, and don't like the clean cut mixing that computers are doing.. It's gotta come from the soul..

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:20 pm

tune selection would be the more important of the 2 for me, all though i enjoy it a lot more if the mixing is good.
The cync and copy and paste job mixing that seems to be large scale today is something i'm not happy about though. digital mixing was a novelty back in the late 90s early 2000s granted, i have a few early trance comps from around then which were digitally mixed and i was fascinated by it if i'm honest. but now it's boaring and overdone.
there is nothing wrong with using a laptop for mixing but one should learn to mix manually with their chosen program.