OFFCOM confiscation

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.
regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

OFFCOM confiscation

Post by regulaterz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am

Right dont know if this would work with offcom but it workd with the police and local authoritys .i new a few rebels whom held a good few partys in derelict buildings in south london police couldint get them out as ther where commercial and had Squatters rights etc..they also could give drinks out as a PRIZE so thats coverd .the best thing was they always got ther sound system back as it was RENTED with a private firm (FAKE JUST A CONTRACT) .who had no knowledge it was being use for illegal activity :lol: .that was very rare they got shut down tho depended on how many heads where in the rave .but what im getting at is if i was SUPPOSEDLY RENTING a studio and took a link box with me or even a rig (PARANOID FM MASSIVE )lol and it went tits up you reckon the same system would work for offcom????as in use the system against the system loopholes n stuff.as in get all the stuff back minus the rig or link as its not the stations property you might get charged with few other things but you get to keap ya stuff no/

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: OFFCOM confiscation

Post by Albert H » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm

One station up north tried to claim that the equipment was owned and operated by a Limited Company, so the confiscation notice would have to go to the Company. This causes all sorts of legal headaches, as a Limited Company is - in effect - considered to be a person in its own right. This technically meant that the company would be subject to any fines and so on. All the company owners would need to do is to wind up the company as soon as fines and confiscation orders are made against them.....

It's a legal "grey area" (or so I'm told by my tame solicitor), but he assures me that OFCOM will have been very careful in the wording of their Acts of Parliament, their Confiscation Notices and Notices of Intended Prosecution. They will have spent a fortune on legal advice to get all the paperwork just right!

There may be legal dodges around OFCOM's actions, but it's going to cost you much more in legal fees than a couple of rigs and link receivers will cost you!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks for your input Albert H indeed they no their stuff. but would of been cool if you was able to obtain your stuff back from a judge lmao wishful thinking :lol:

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:10 am

What if you gave out rigs and aerials as prizes and left the raffle tickets on? :whistle

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm

lmao some ak47s as well with live amo go down a treat good thinking :tup :lol: have a proper sing and dance .cuddly toy tin of after 8s can use the tin after to put a rig in disguise it :lol: SORRY guys blond moment its one of them ones ant it a gray area .just thort ther might be a loop hole like everything else in the world

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by fuze » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:51 pm

ok about 4 years ago (maybe longer) there was a friend of mine who does the squat parties (odp parties) and they had a illegal (festival) it was called festival of love, was in a field near old mcdonalds farm in brentwood, one of the organisers asked me if i could broadcast it on the fm as at the time i was doing "uplifting fm" i put a 200 watt transmitter up next to the dj stand on a scaffold pole it was just to broadcast to the field so people in their cars could listen in, it was supposed to be a 3 day rave but on the first night about 1am the police raided the event and said there were complaints from the neighbours! even though there were hardly any houses nearby...
Im standing there next to the dj stand with the police and one of the coppers was looking at the diople on the scaffold pole as to say what the fuck is that lol
the music had to stop the police give them an hour to pack all the equipment away or they would seize it, but didnt even realize it was broadcasting on the fm right next to them....
big up the crew who were there that night lol :tup

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:38 am

Doesn't the old claim I've heard of people using 'we're an internet station, someone else is relaying us on FM' work anymore? I thought all they do after that is take the rig because of not being able to prove otherwise?

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: OFCOM confiscation

Post by Albert H » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:49 pm

I've had coppers ask me "What's that thing then?" when they've seen a rig. They're usually satisfied when you tell them that it's an amplifier!
"Why is my rig humming?"
;)

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by fuze » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:17 pm

When i see the copper looking at it i was shitting myself, but luckily no questions were asked lol

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: OFCOM confiscation

Post by Albert H » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:03 am

Back in the late 70s, a couple of the Radio Free London lads were stopped by the Police on the way to a field site out in Chelsfield, and asked what the gear in the boot of the car was. Mark Ashton told them that it was "amateur radio" gear. Unfortunately, one of the coppers knew exactly what it was - he was an amateur, so they had it confiscated.

Another - even unluckier - "nick" was when Steve Ego moved into a new flat. After a few days, he set up his work bench and began building a spare rig for RFL. When he fired up the exciter, he got a knock on the door from a nearby neighbour - who worked for the GPO Radio Interference Department. Steve reckons that he was nicked with less than 100mW into a 50Ω resistor!!!
"Why is my rig humming?"
;)