Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
freq-mod fanatic
ne guy
ne guy

Re: 88.2

Post by freq-mod fanatic » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Rude first switched on in the summer of 1992. In 1998 Ruud Awakening was formed - they went on the frequency 104.3 for a few years then dissappered. Rude of course kept the name but changed frequency. Are more news, I see someone posted Rude was banging on Monday evening is that still the case or is it back to a silent carrier in the weekday evenings ?

Undercover Neckz
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Undercover Neckz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:14 pm

I wasn't saying that 'Ruud Awakening' 104.3/104.2 came on before Rude FM 88.2/104.3, I'm just saying that this current so called Rude FM on now is called 'Rude Wake Up What's Happening' because it's been a month of silence. :D

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by dancemusicdj » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:44 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:I think ruud awakening are still on the net
I don't think it is . I can't find it anyway.

Analyser
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Analyser » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Anyone still in touch with DJ Chillem from Ruud Awakening?

Stam1024
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Stam1024 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:32 pm

ofcomhater
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by ofcomhater » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Analyser wrote:Anyone still in touch with DJ Chillem from Ruud Awakening?
Spoke to him not to long ago he abroad think he's getting married if memory serves me right

Roobru
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Roobru » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:49 am

Didn't he move to Cyprus?

I used to chat with him and the other at the warehouse parties, but that's years ago.

Shame Awakening came to an end. Was one hell of a station. I don't think Origin would have done as well without Ruud's demise.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:02 am

Does anyone remember when Ruud Aw first came on they had some nutty American MC who used to do all these mad voices??

Undercover Neckz
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Undercover Neckz » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:05 am

Roobru wrote:Didn't he move to Cyprus?
With Lady Cyprus. :lol:

ofcomhater
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by ofcomhater » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:43 am

Undercover Neckz wrote:
Roobru wrote:Didn't he move to Cyprus?
With Lady Cyprus. :lol:
Yep

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 am

teckniqs wrote:Does anyone remember when Ruud Aw first came on they had some nutty American MC who used to do all these mad voices??
riko dan?

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:58 am

Lol ....no! He's not even American. :lol:

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by fuze » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:02 am

I agree ruud awakening was a good station back then, i still got loads of old tdk's of ruud awakening in my loft.
I read somewhere before they ended as they kept getting hit by thieves and something about a bird used to set up on the blocks, lady sirus?
Shame that station finished they used to have some big names on there, back then it was ruud awakening and cyndicut smashing it with the likes of eks man & herbzie ect

Roobru
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Roobru » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:53 am

Yeah, she put a history of the station years ago on FB, saying she was setting up after Chillem left. Was getting hit by thieves and hinted that a few people helping set up were also in on it. Sure she mentioned Killa as well.

Anyway, what's going on with Rude?

Roobru
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Roobru » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:24 am

Found this by Syrus from 2010. Few posts put together, so may be a bit weird reading...

"Hello !!!!!
Yes sorry for the delay. Been hectic. Anyways well well well. Everything is still a ruud awakening. I suppose I should start when we had our birthday event at the mass in 2004. It was a great night which myself and chillem were very proud of, but we didn't break even in the money department and let me tell you, that, REALLY pissed chillem off. He believed that ruud wasn't being appreciated. Yeah I know I did tell him that the best promotions have all had a bad day, but he wasn't havin none of it and dropped the radio like a hot potatoe and started makin plans to go cyprus.

I spent days thinkin about me carrying on, on my tod. I knew it was going to be hard, very hard especially as many people around me were quite sexist and believed if you wasn't a geezer you wasn't worth a ting. Well I like a challenge and seeing that I have been the main force behind the station, it was my time to prove a very important point and keep ruud alive.
At the very same time as the birthday event we had lost our transmitting site and chillem mentioned that there were no more 'good' sites to broadcast from. I knew money was going to be an important factor so I got myself a better paid job and each day after work I went in search of that illusive 'good' site.

OK after this point I shall not be mentioning any names as it is not my intention to give a bad picture of anyone who I consider to be a family member, they know who they are and i know who they are and that's all that matters.

Anyway, a couple of dedicated members offered their time to help me in my quest to find a site and with all family staring at me, I felt the pressure. I knew what they was thinkin and I couldn't afford to keep the station off air for fear of losing their trust and belief so I had to forget the 'good' site and find ANY site. It was crap really; we had found a site to switch on with, but we didn't reach far, a small block ( a lamp post was taller) and with everyone used to chillems' set up. I knew everyone was unimpressed, but hey we was on!!!!
TO FOLLOW.........

OK peeps I shall continue my update with what has been happening since 2004 while on holiday. I've been hectic busy. Big kiss all cru and most importantly to everyone going to Benny V's nite. I'm sure it will be a stomper. I would have gone, but I am going to Corsica on Monday.
Hi everyone I'm back from my hols. ALready planning my get away in Christmas. Ho HO! Hey Ali G true RUUD!

...So if you have been following my blog which is further down this wall...where was I? Hmm yes we was on, but gettin out shit. The families eyes were upon me and all I knew was that I had to find a better set up that would rival CHillems' perfect set up. He had chosen the third highest point in London. How on earth could I beat that. There definately weren't any mountains in North London. I needed a miracle to pull this one off.

Myself and the three amigos continued our search. Looking for that perfect set up. For the time being though we came across a few stresses now we was broadcasting. Every other bloody day someone would go on the site and take everything off. Meaning I would have to but all equipment from scratch and set up all over again.

had no idea. How crowded all the blocks were in north. Apparently we was on this ones block that ones block and the cats' mum's block! It seemed every block in North belonged to someone and in the politics of pirate world that is not a done thing. No- one had any answers, not even the enthusiatic three amigos... but in the horizon there was hope in the shape of a few newbies to the Ruud family. Shall I mention who they are? - Nope. I know all of the family can work it out....to be continued.....

...Anyways these newbies offered to set up for me; anywhere I wanted. Sounds too good to be true and trust me it was. They set up alright and about three hours later I got hit. That was 300 smackers per hit and a few lost hairs. I was sooo stressed let me tell you. Chillem who was still my boyfriend looked at me, I looked at him and we both said this is not right. We couldn't believe that our very own family would do sucha thing, but hey they weren't on the station that long, so we didn't really see them as family I guess.
You might be thinking - what were they doing with all the rigs they were stealing. Aaah well well well. Some three months later a new station emerged on the dial. And they lasted for about four months. More waffle than substance. Yes lads all talk and no action, but at least they have proof of this now.

As for me - I went back to basics and set up all on my todd. Less hassle. I actually found a site that was higher than Chillem's pole. This site was genious all Ruud needed and more..... to be continued.

Sooo.....These boys were working with a known rig thief called killer (Y2K, Southend) and although the radio wasn't officially broadcating, behind the scenes; I and a few others from the station were tracking and switching off rigs. I have to say I was a bit disapppointed with the numbers,I thought the whole station would be out in force, but hey this was my problem and no one elses and the onus was on me if I wanted to have the radio on and sticking with my mantra "I will do whatever it takes" we tracked and hit literally everyday.

CHillem used to set up on the baby pole in highgate, but now we was on the mummy pole. A legal well known BBC tower. Not for the faint hearted. As we were climbing and setting up; this bored drunk twat looked up and shouted "Are you supposed to be up there" "Of course' we said, but he just stayed in the same place looking up at us- not good. We didn't know whether to climb down or carry on. The next thing this twat rang the police. He was talking sooo loud we could hear him all the way up the pole "Hello? Yes! there are people up the BBC tower come quickly. Yes there are two boys and a girl who say they work for the BBC, but I don't believe them - Yes hurry!"

So we climbed down like monkeys on something, as quickly as we could. We all split when we got to the bottom. I jumped into the van trying to track the others. I find one. Then I turn a corner and I see the other with that bloody twat attached to his arm. Guess what? He was trying to make a citizens arrest - in that bloody condittion; I mean he couldn't even stand straight. What a complete and utter pissed twat.
So, I did a sort of a drive by scoop. Drove alongside them got the other to open the van back door and shouted "Jump, jump" and whilst driving the other prized himself off the twat's arm ran and jumped head first into the van - watched that in a movie and came in bloody handy let me tell you.

By this time, there was police everywhere and with the radio equipment in the van we just couldn't get caught. SO I took the first turning into a quiet road, parked up, switched the van off and we ducked. We was in that position for a good hour or so; until the coast was clear. FUNNY

Cuckoo I'm back and it was great skyping to some of the cru over the holidays. I will carry on with the blog this week. Hope you lot are ready for some more ruud awakenings.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Shame she didn't write anymore after that. But it give the gist of why it finished...

Dai Pole
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Dai Pole » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:25 pm

@Roobru - thanks for that post. Cool to read some modern pirate radio history. Someone should collect and collate this stuff.

Undercover Neckz
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Undercover Neckz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:43 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote: riko dan?
:lol:

Twista UK
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Twista UK » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 am

Still going.

freq-mod fanatic
ne guy
ne guy

Post by freq-mod fanatic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Back to the original post from 11th May ! Silent carrier still ? If yes, that's almost a full 2 months .

s2000

Post by s2000 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:42 am

Seem to be getting dnb on this freq tonight which I'm presuming is rude. Only problem is there appears to be another blank carrier station on the freq too... can only get rude if I hold radio in certain position.

Tbh I've been hearing all kinds of wierd music on this freq the past couple of weeks (on and off) at my flat. I thought it may be someone in the neighbourhood with an ipod transmitter. Not so sure now lol