styles of music

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

styles of music

Post by nrglcb2016 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:45 pm

switching onto the pirates today and noticed i could get house , garage dnb etc all the usual styles you would expect.. just wondering is there any stations now they say do a happy hardcore or a euphoric trance show ??

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: styles of music

Post by fuze » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:16 pm

I dont think there is much happy hardcore on the dial anymore, i know one dj who playes it every now and then on kool fm, but since eruption fm finished there hasn't been much on the dial unfortunately, i used to play a lot of happy hardcore when i was a dj on eruption

Effemm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Effemm » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:25 pm

Sad state really, these two types of moosic are non existent on the airwaves, stations used to play a varied selection, now each station has the same shit, day in day out...+1 to Tunein, find exactly what u want that way

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:37 pm

TuneIn is absolutely pants. It used to be a simple, effective and decent app. Now it is utter shite - merely an advertising vehicle. It takes far too long to start and crashes momentarily whilst it loads all of its bloatware before the app is usable. Then, when it finally becomes usable, it offers a little nugget of hope that it might be working. So, you tap the search bar, but it's not completely loaded yet and the area you've just tapped changes before the app recognises that you've tapped the screen. As a result, you end up tapping an advert which launches the Play Store (or the iPiss equivalent) which you then need to close. Complete dross.

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:46 pm

thewisepranker wrote:TuneIn is absolutely pants. It used to be a simple, effective and decent app. Now it is utter shite - merely an advertising vehicle. It takes far too long to start and crashes momentarily whilst it loads all of its bloatware before the app is usable. Then, when it finally becomes usable, it offers a little nugget of hope that it might be working. So, you tap the search bar, but it's not completely loaded yet and the area you've just tapped changes before the app recognises that you've tapped the screen. As a result, you end up tapping an advert which launches the Play Store (or the iPiss equivalent) which you then need to close. Complete dross.
What you need my friend is android auto https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... d&hl=en_GB

its compatible with tune in radio try it and trust me you will change ya mind

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:49 pm

My car was built in 1999. My other car was built in 1986... Cheers though!

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:52 pm

nrglcb2016 wrote:switching onto the pirates today and noticed i could get house , garage dnb etc all the usual styles you would expect.. just wondering is there any stations now they say do a happy hardcore or a euphoric trance show ??
Saturdays at midnight on vision radio uk the mad hatter http://www.c7465400.myzen.co.uk/podcast ... LATEST.mp3

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:54 pm

thewisepranker wrote:My car was built in 1999. My other car was built in 1986... Cheers though!
Ya car is irrelevant this is a app for ya phone try it before u knock it cheers :-)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... d&hl=en_GB

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by fuze » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:01 am

peterogerspirate wrote:
nrglcb2016 wrote:switching onto the pirates today and noticed i could get house , garage dnb etc all the usual styles you would expect.. just wondering is there any stations now they say do a happy hardcore or a euphoric trance show ??
Saturdays at midnight on vision radio uk the mad hatter http://www.c7465400.myzen.co.uk/podcast ... LATEST.mp3

oh my god, i totally forgot about him, cheers for the reminder im gonna lock in now :)

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:04 am

No worries fuze enjoy http://sc4.spacialnet.com:30584/

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:15 am

The only station's I can think of occasionally still playing it is Kool, Origin, Vision, Raw, Cyndicut & True Flava's.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by dancemusicdj » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:22 am

I will also suggest mad hatter on vision. Legend!!!!!!!!
Nothing in terms of trance on the pirates that i know of, online is your best bet.

Optimus Prime
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: RE: Re: styles of music

Post by Optimus Prime » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:46 am

thewisepranker wrote:TuneIn is absolutely pants. It used to be a simple, effective and decent app. Now it is utter shite - merely an advertising vehicle. It takes far too long to start and crashes momentarily whilst it loads all of its bloatware before the app is usable. Then, when it finally becomes usable, it offers a little nugget of hope that it might be working. So, you tap the search bar, but it's not completely loaded yet and the area you've just tapped changes before the app recognises that you've tapped the screen. As a result, you end up tapping an advert which launches the Play Store (or the iPiss equivalent) which you then need to close. Complete dross.
All about Audials! Functions exactly the same as TuneIn but doesn't bloat your device anywhere near as much, no stupid adverts, easier on the eye & doesn't have that gay social aspect TuneIn seems to have these days. Recordings are also automatically converted/saved straight to your device as an mp3 file.

TuneIn in comparison is utter shite!

nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by nrglcb2016 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:54 am

eruption - blast from the past used to lock in now and again to that station. just seems to be the same styles catered for london at the mo across the board . i love me garage n dnb having mixed these styles for a period of time also tho having a 4 yr spell mixing trance it would of been nice to hear the odd occasional show dedicated to that sound

Heisenberg
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Heisenberg » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:02 am

Flex FM was playing happy hardcore around 1am last night :tup :tup

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Renegade Radio also play a bit of it http://www.renegaderadio.co.uk/schedule.html

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:47 am

Trance is a weird one, I dont think there has ever been a station dedicated to it unless I'm wrong? I do wish pirates would put on a show I mean how many deep house sets can you listen to before you start going a bit mad in the old noggin. Much as I love my dnb and jungle I would love to hear trance so where are you DJ's who play it??. As for happy hardcore, there are quite a few shows on pirates that play it usually late night. My old local pirate used to play it Saturday mornings :D