Kent Bandscan - Ramsgate- FM

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Kent Bandscan - Ramsgate- FM

Post by Sparki » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Part 1

Part 2

Barely anything good at all! just Motiv8 on 90.4 sounded like it was playing Blame - Music Takes You. No other pirates just French stations, Feart and the usual BBC stations oh and local station on 107.8

Needs a station up here guys! lol

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Kent Bandscan - Ramsgate- FM

Post by teckniqs » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:32 pm

You were close, same vocal sample I think....

[youtube]3UxCOP22vus[/youtube]

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 pm

teckniqs wrote:You were close, same vocal sample I think....

[youtube]3UxCOP22vus[/youtube]
Yeah sounds about right lol. We are devoid of anything down this way, something needs to come on.

Pants
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Pants » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:11 pm

You got some nice big blocks down there I noticed.get a nice double up there.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:02 am

Yeah there's a few there that shouldn't be too hard to 'occupy', been one or two things pop up from around there over the years but a serious lack of...

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:48 pm

teckniqs wrote:Yeah there's a few there that shouldn't be too hard to 'occupy', been one or two things pop up from around there over the years but a serious lack of...
Yeah we had a pirate on about 14 years ago lasted for 7 years but before and after that we have had nothing along the south coast. We usually get some stations ghost in very crackly and hissy but thats only when there is a lift in the weather. I havent put FM radio on and listened properly in about 7 years! just goes to show how little we have here.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Was that Essence 105.0? Think I recall hearing about something of that name from around that area during that period??

radioman
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by radioman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:19 pm

90.4 is a useless frequency for that area with the french station being so strong.

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:30 pm

teckniqs wrote:Was that Essence 105.0? Think I recall hearing about something of that name from around that area during that period??
Yeah thats the one, was really good it actually taught me more about different styles of dance music. I was 13 when it first started so enjoyed a lot of the music as it was all jungle, happy hardcore, dnb, garage, house, trance, hip hop the list was endless. I was into dance music before that but I didnt really dig deep enough so when they came along I broadened my horizons. I guess I can say that station took me in the direction of making music as a hobby and DJ'ing (by around late 90s I wanted to do that but just didnt really know much about it or how) I met a lot of the DJ's off the back of it and still know a few of them to this day. There has never been an imminent replacement so the airwaves have been baron for a long time now, if they ever came back they'd never go on 105.1/105.0 again as it seems KMFM can be heard there when before that all they did was wipe out some poorly audible French station.
radioman wrote:90.4 is a useless frequency for that area with the french station being so strong.
I agree on that as we cannot get the station on 90.4 very clearly, even when I did a set recently on there I could barely hear myself but friends up around Whitstable, Herne Bay could get me clearly as well as parts of Medway.

Pants
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Pants » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:48 pm

So many good dials to use that way if you choose wisely and check frequency finder

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:04 am

Pants wrote:So many good dials to use that way if you choose wisely and check frequency finder
I cant believe no one has taken any of the spaces up! then again this area isn't exactly clubbing central as such and there seems to be just no oomph in anything! no one can be bothered. Needs someone who knows what their doing who can put some aerials up or can make sure their station gets out as far as us from wherever they are.

radioman
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by radioman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:53 pm

I get a mixture of 2 stations contact 90.4 and Klara some classical shit on there.
Try something like http://radiomap.eu/map/ to find a good frequency.

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:46 am

Well Motiv8 is off now check other thread.