Bounce 88 Sheffield...

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Bounce 88 Sheffield...

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:32 pm

Sounds like the overmodulating spurious bobar on 88 has finally been silenced... Let's hope and pray if they decide to come back on that they do it proper
ly, with the right audio processing and a rig that has more power than an i-trip..These people used to play on good stations back in the day with excellent audio and signal, so I just can't get my head around why bounce sounds how it does...I mean if they listen to it themselves then SURELY they could hear how bad it is...

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Bounce 88 Sheffield...

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:03 pm

A low powered rig has popped up on 87.5...Could this be the return of bounce.. With Chinese box?

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:32 pm

I drove through Sheffield at around 5 PM tonight and heard some bad overdeviating audio on 87.5, but as said above, it was really weak.

I listened for 2 minutes but turned the radio off as it really was unbearable to listen to.

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Mon May 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Is this still on. Can't get in west Yorks.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Mon May 09, 2016 6:10 pm

It's on and off..and you won't get it in West Yorkshire.. I struggle to receive it crystal and I'm on the other side of the city staring down at their aerial...

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed May 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Bounce are a joke...It sounds like they're using the same shitty rig they had last time which is some shit Chinese job...If any of the bounce people are reading this, get a proper rig ya fucking tossers, you're a joke! I've got 87.9 booming from God knows where but miles away and they are rock solid on the dial and then we've got bounce coming from a mile n a half away and it struggles to get to my aerial and the stereo is very hissy..So looks like they're probably using a modified i trip.. Anyone would think that bounce is run by 13 yearolds not the least 40somethings they actually are..Pathetic.. No respect to these mugs! Sorry.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Wed May 25, 2016 6:31 pm

a low down aerial and overly loud audio can really rob a signal of most of its strenght, can be a real pain particular for drivers, when the signals strong it will come really loud, then go low when the signal gose down. Most people won’t bother with signals unless their strong and consistent level, they need get their act sorted out, their problaly are better ways to build an audience than putting a low level signal onto fm.

in their defence it can be really hard to get audio right, the trick is to take out the bass run volume lower than other stations, the bbc have all kind of processors, so they pass the maximum bass frequencies, theres noway a normal person can do it...

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat May 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Getting the audio right is really easy. There are some excellent software tools to help. Some are even free!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sun May 29, 2016 6:35 pm

free gay and happy amusing joke over with, :lol: Albert i’ve tried them all!, well sound solution and stereo tool, I find the last one gose slightly louder, but the audio sounds more distorted, mp3s sound distorted anyway, maybe its not possible to make a silk purse from a sows ear. :lol: Sound solution seems to give the audio more room, seems more free running, it sounds more synthetic and tinty unless I mess with the settings thought.

I have to use 1uf caps before the left and right audio channels to reduce the bass, find it sounds shit if I try and get the loudness of other broadcasts, so I settle for reducing the volume, having something you have to turn up abit more but at least sounds clear… :D

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:25 pm

:cry: Bounce trying to set up again on 88. Just when I'd got innov8 spot on...B,stards...

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Even though innov8 aren't on at the moment..