87.9 innov8 WITHIN A SECRET LOCATION

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: 87.9 innov8 WITHIN A SECRET LOCATION

Post by Albert H » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:57 pm

pirateaddict wrote: That's just one of the problems with broadcasting it's a bit difficult in most situations to hide ya aerial and not affect it's performance..
It depends on the type of aerial you use - a ⅝-wave can look like a CB aerial to the average numpty (and to the clueless OFCOM idiots), and will often be overlooked. As explained in the past, we used to put up dummy dipoles all over the place to fool the DTI clowns into wasting time going up and down blocks, getting keys, applying for access, and all the rest of it. Remember - they cannot actually track anything to closer than a ½ mile or so: they get the general area and then go looking for aerials!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:07 pm

Albert H wrote: Remember - they cannot actually track anything to closer than a ½ mile or so: they get the general area and then go looking for aerials!
Considering many of us on here are capable of finding a rig and pinpointing exactly where it is down to the house/block/whatever site, even if the aerial is indoors, it does make you wonder how much money Ofcom waste just to get ½ mile from the rig.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:09 pm

I think 87.9 has been pinched as well as it was on booming away at 3am and I did notice at the time the signal kept fading and coming back up again around 3-4am...I went to me pit around then so I bet it was some cnut trying to get it..Can anyone confirm if 87.9 is down?? Yes they do need more people on board around the country to see to any technical difficulties with their boxes and stream links..Can't be much fun driving a couple of hundred
miles to sort a stream problem out only to find out its down again when you're at home avin some scran lol..

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:48 am

bristolpirates wrote:
Albert H wrote: Remember - they cannot actually track anything to closer than a ½ mile or so: they get the general area and then go looking for aerials!
Considering many of us on here are capable of finding a rig and pinpointing exactly where it is down to the house/block/whatever site, even if the aerial is indoors, it does make you wonder how much money Ofcom waste just to get ½ mile from the rig.
They have their wonderful Doppler DF gear that they don't know how to use. They got rid of the proper DDF aerials on the tops of their cars because they were a dead giveaway. Instead, they use a crude "whistling dipoles" set-up (look up whistling dipoles for details on how to make your own) and get to within a ½-mile or so of the site and then drive up and down the streets looking for dipoles (another good reason for using something better!). I've watched them doing it, and they're hilariously inept!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 pm

well talking of doppelgangers, i checked today 87.9 is gone, if i remember it went off before and came back!