Sheffield

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Sheffield

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:47 pm

Is there anyone from Sheffield on the forum? Anyone fancy putting a station together? Sheffield is very boring nowadays. It used to be called the steel city but is more like take away beer shop gambling city and the radio is even worse...I am hoping that by the end of the year the airwaves will be on fire again.. Weekend thing to start with then evenings.. I wanna play classics from waaaay back from 70's n 80's and also a spot of oldskool rave, Hiphop and I mean Hiphop and not the gangster mother fuckin bollocks that wanna be gangsters like..Anyway, plenty of time to sort stuff out but just asking now..plus I hate heights lol and would need help in that respect deffo..

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Sheffield

Post by radionortheast » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:05 am

would be nice to hear something from down there, haven’t heard anything from sheffield in the whole time i’ve lived here 10 years, just put it on 87.5 a clear channel

someone from sheffield did bandscan that was very interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbguwdVr29Y

tokingmenace
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by tokingmenace » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Got loads of old tape recordings of Sheffield pirates from the 90's. Fantasy FM and a few others ;0)

Been told its dead up there now - so good luck if you are going to put something on.

If its just DJ'ing your own show and want to get some airtime, maybe try Innov8 as they are
looking for dj's - even if you just do a weekly podcast looks like they will air it. ;0)

https://form.jotformeu.com/60227164962355

http://innov8fm.com/

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:58 pm

Yes it's dead up here..Just bounce when they get their I trip Chinese rig built with logo to work pmsl.. Cheers tokingmenace...Nice username.. I shall be toking a little later and shall be a menace with the custard creams lol..Top man!

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Nah.. I'm not a dj as such...Last time i tried dj'ing was 1996 and I just couldn't do it. It's a skill which i don't have but could quite easily use traktor as you can beat match and stuff...I have a few people who would dj on there and also got people to back it financially if i were to set up..The people interested are connected to the outdoor party scene up here so no doubts about them... So they wouldn't need me dj'ing.. I'm just an audio man who loves playing with audio to get the best out of it, so it won't be no bounce fm flat audio with overmodulation.. Kin bounce :lol: :lol: