just another blank carrier 87.5 monday!

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: just another blank carrier 87.5 monday!

Post by pirateaddict » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:52 pm

Getting 88 decent here tonight.. Higher mast maybe?

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:47 pm

o_blackburn wrote:Hi

First time post here, I too have heard BBC R4 on 87.55. I first discovered it on top of Woolley Edge a few months ago using my degen 1103, and my mate in Barnsley can also hear it on his setup (Sony SB920/vertical dipole). The culprit is the Woolmoor transmitter (94.4) in North Yorkshire. It has drifted in the past from about 87.45 to 87.65ish, and also there is a signal present around 101.2 to 101.4. Driving up the A1 from Harrogate to Catterick it was fully quietning on these frequencies and even came up RDS on about 87.6ish!

Regards
:D

hi thanks for that so i’m not going mad after all, thought it was someone testing a transmitter wonder what the problem is..

btw 88 is lick fm at least i’ve heard it annoucing as that it was on today, I was able to listen/pick it up on my tiny radio in some woods close to where I live, where I could get a clear view of emley moor, they where talking about having techical difficulites it went silent carrier for a while before going off.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:44 am

Hi everyone.. I'm getting a blank carrier on 87.5 tonight, not locked on auto tune so don't know if stereo or not. It's got 2 kHz up to 87.7 signal if you know what i mean, so it's a decent power, it's just that I can't be that close to it so I'm reckoning it could be as far north as Leeds.. But it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong lol

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:02 am

It's actually 87.55 and not as strong as first thought! It has .5 either side then noise.. Although not sure how far past 87.5 the signal goes the not good way.
Eta.. It's stereo too but noisy as in hissy, not strong. I've got BBC radio Newcastle 95.4 tonight clear as a bell..That's over a hundred miles away.. BBC Tees always comes in strong but a little hissy tonight.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:01 pm

It's playing music now.. A mix of guitar based music and something else, just can't tell what it is really as it's overmodulating that much it's splattering all the way up to 87.9 from 87.5..Nice! Enjoy your interview room cuppa ya pillocks!

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:37 pm

maybe bounce fm your picking up or something, don’t think theres anything up this way on that frequency

my little radio requires a level of over 54db to get stereo separation so theres no point using it, unless you’ve got an aerial with some bays

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Cheers man for clearing that up.. It's off now but they were taking the piss last night honestly.. The only alternative radio to listen to and they were playing a Peter kay dvd..I nearly chewed through me stereos cable with it plugged in, i was that angry! Pmsfl..