facebook live and radio shows

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
ANDY BOY
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

facebook live and radio shows

Post by ANDY BOY » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:14 pm

i have noticed a lot of djs are now doing there shows via facebook live and mentioning it via the fm ! is this defeating been undercover and now opening a can of worms for those who do this....
just a thought majority of listeners think radio djs are working in a nice enviroment not in a front room with kids running around :D

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: facebook live and radio shows

Post by radionortheast » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:57 pm

remember reading on the old radionecks about a station where the guy would do shows from his front room would rant live on air you could hear his kids in the backround, :lol: sounded like the coolest radio station :D

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:47 am

radionortheast wrote:remember reading on the old radionecks about a station where the guy would do shows from his front room would rant live on air you could hear his kids in the backround, :lol: sounded like the coolest radio station :D
don't no if this is the one you were talking about exactly but there used to be a station in London called Onpoint Radio 106.4 and it was basically this guy giving it large, threatening to 'mug' this station and 'mug' that station, and the worst thing about it was video evidence from youtube shows you could hear a baby crying in the background, it's actually erie.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:07 am

that will be the one can’t believe it was real used to think it was mr radioneck winding people up, guess thought it wasn’t, the old radionecks used to be a den of it i’m glad the new version is better. Its odd too the frequency up here was home to vibe and galaxy north east, whenever i see that frequency i think of them..

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:18 am

radionortheast wrote: sounded like the coolest radio station :D
...That's not quite how I'd describe it. :rip

ragga
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by ragga » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:34 pm

Don't miss the cruel and sometimes totally inappropriate picking on people who obviously haven't grasped the two headed snake that is social media and also have some sort of deep rooted problems / mental health issues .
Like shooting fish in a barrel except that it's 'real people' that are struggling with the relatively new ramifications of exposing their misgivings and insecurities on line . Winding them up to fever pitch because they don't know when to walk away or understand how quickly they can become the butt of many people's jokes isn't my idea of fun ....but maybe that's just me ¿ :?:

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:31 pm

When Ive done FB live videos of me having a mix (not on a pirate just purely to train this thing out) I seem to get my videos taken down because of "copyright" also the viewings I got wasnt very much and I can only do it from my phone. Audio is poo. I know you can get it running through your computer and the audio much better but with the copyright take downs I honestly couldnt be fucked. Also because I use a controller at the moment I got the usual comments from morons asking why would they want to watch me on a controller.... indeed why were you actually watching and commenting then you cretin! lol. FB is a shit way of promoting your music, I'd say get on music forums and use other ways of promoting your shows/music.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:36 pm

ragga wrote:Don't miss the cruel and sometimes totally inappropriate picking on people who obviously haven't grasped the two headed snake that is social media and also have some sort of deep rooted problems / mental health issues .
Like shooting fish in a barrel except that it's 'real people' that are struggling with the relatively new ramifications of exposing their misgivings and insecurities on line . Winding them up to fever pitch because they don't know when to walk away or understand how quickly they can become the butt of many people's jokes isn't my idea of fun ....but maybe that's just me ¿ :?:
i’’m totally with you at that, don’t think anyones immune from been drawn into doing the wrong thing on ocassion, into what is bear baiting, maybe taking a step back is the aswer, not taking the easy route. i’m willing to admit with my own mental health condition, i’ve been victim of cyber bullying in the past, maybe mr temper (if thats his name) had some mental illness too, he problaly thought people where out to get him he said somethings back and other people fought back worst, i do understand sympathize, could see what was going on, the previous host didn't, he did seem relish in the idea of winding people up, problaly didn’t do himself or the place any favours, the host now is invisible which is as it should be. But both parties where ok, they just didn’t know what each other where doing. :smoke

Roobru
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Roobru » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:17 am

drumandbasshead010 wrote:
radionortheast wrote:remember reading on the old radionecks about a station where the guy would do shows from his front room would rant live on air you could hear his kids in the backround, :lol: sounded like the coolest radio station :D
don't no if this is the one you were talking about exactly but there used to be a station in London called Onpoint Radio 106.4 and it was basically this guy giving it large, threatening to 'mug' this station and 'mug' that station, and the worst thing about it was video evidence from youtube shows you could hear a baby crying in the background, it's actually erie.
What a moron that dj is :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9DLZqsizQ4