FM Atmospherics

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
geegosh
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

FM Atmospherics

Post by geegosh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:41 am

Anyone else receiving a lot of foreign stations on FM at the moment? Just did a scan on the car radio in Suffolk and the band is quite literally full of foreign stations, mainly Portuguese or Spanish, some eastern European stations too. They're spurring all over the place, I'm guessing the high-pressure might be at play with the atmospherics??

G

theproducer
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: FM Atmospherics

Post by theproducer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:00 pm

correct buddy
great for ham radio operators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theproducer

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:26 pm

I'm listening to my old station in the Netherlands at the moment here in deepest East Anglia. The whole geography of Band II has changed over the last couple of days, with distant stations often being much stronger than local stuff. The endless BBC sites and the "Hearts", "Capitals" and "Golds" aren't all over the band. It's actually pleasantly diverse - perhaps the way Band II should be!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:54 am

causing havok with anyone testing :D just when I get my aerial outside

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am

getting irish beligium and dutch signals on my aerial past few days, most of my gp aerial is outside now i’ve been getting instand rds on shefiield on 88.6, hear lincoln city radio on 103.6, tuning to 103.55, another asian station think might be from sheffield on 103.1, have hope that i might pick up bouce fm 1 day!

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:13 pm

103.1 is an Asian station and i hope we never hear bounce again tbh.. Not heard it for ages now..I'm not getting any foreign stuff at all! Goodness knows why. But fresh keep fading every few minutes and i get BBC Newcastle edging in for half a minute.. 102.3 with dance music, haven't had a listen for that yet will do in a min, but could be redroad fm from Kiveton in the corner of south East Sheffield nearer Rotherham to be honest. They're on 102.4 and a legal community radio station, just incase you're not familiar with it...

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:01 am

it was redroad it threw me off the scent with it playing dance music durring the day, I knew it couldn't be yorkshire coast radio, it has switched back to playing dire straits this morning, guessing it more be nearer sheffield as i'm getting abit of multpath on rother fm