HOT 92 AND STING FM

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
rico
ne guy
ne guy

HOT 92 AND STING FM

Post by rico » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:22 pm

OUT AND ABOUT IN VAN IN BIRMINGHAM AND HAVE NOTICED STING FM AND HOT 92 SEEM TO BE USING LOWER POWER RIGS OR IS IT JUST THERE TX LOCATION AND AUDIO QUALITY FROM STING IS VERY SHIT!

mixfm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: HOT 92 AND STING FM

Post by mixfm » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:20 pm

lack of blocks i think in brum. keys etc getting harder nowdays... sting - hot 92 - kriss are the only thing on in birmingham.

wazza

Post by wazza » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Hot 92 seem to be getting out quite well to me. I was out in the car today and they were still locking on with RDS up towards Cannock on the M6. Sting were off but seem to have been low profile lately since the move of frequency. Kriss FM still get out well over the midlands but probably owing to the higher location. Also picked up the strange BCMR 89.7 (RDS says 'non-stop music for South Staffordshire') which is basically pop music played out on a computer with jingles in between, a weird choice for a pirate! Didn't realise they were still at it - been around a few years now.

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Is there still a Chinese rig on 90.0 playing modern pop music? Heard it literally a year ago this weekend.

wazza

Post by wazza » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:06 pm

I haven't heard that one. Have heard something on 90.2 occasionally playing dance music back to back.