Sheffield 87.5

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
Southyorkshireunderground
ne guy
ne guy

Sheffield 87.5

Post by Southyorkshireunderground » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Picking up a blank carrier in stereo on 87.5 today.. Last night it was on 88.0 with a click click click in the background..Same click today so the change of frequency didn't solve it. Wonder what they'll do next? It's not very powerful as i can hear a Bradford pirate on 87.9 coming over slightly when they're on 88.

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Sheffield 87.5

Post by bristolpirates » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:47 am

Could it be an mp3 transmitter left switched on in a car a couple of doors down? Recently I've had blank stereo carriers pop up all over the place. Often I'll catch one fade in and out as a car drives past the house.

Southyorkshireunderground
ne guy
ne guy

Re: Sheffield 87.5

Post by Southyorkshireunderground » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 am

It could've been an mp3 transmitter! No music played on it over two days and it's off now..I have heard a couple of months ago now someone on 87.5 playing movies and TV shows but have an idea who that was.. Well no pie rats in Sheffield only what i can get from West Yorkshire, peoples fm, passion slightly, one or two Asian music stations and uniquextra from Bradford only very slightly with unique though and of course the big 99.9 radio Brittania more often now. I didn't here Brittania for quite a while maybe a couple of years upto a few months ago but glad to hear him back! Kenny crescendo respect is due!! :tup