88.1 South Yorkshire?

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
o_blackburn
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

88.1 South Yorkshire?

Post by o_blackburn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 am

I've been hearing a weak station the last few nights playing drum and bass on 88.1 whilst driving around Royston, seems to peak on the south facing side of Woolley Edge/Staincross, but nothing further north or on the yagis at home in Wakefield. Any ideas?

Regards

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: 88.1 South Yorkshire?

Post by radionortheast » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 am

thanks i will listen out for it, but radio 2 often comes in on that frequency :) sorry i don't have any info, perhaps someone else will have more ideas

o_blackburn
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by o_blackburn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:29 pm

I did have another listen today going over Woolley but Sandale seemed to be enhanced and was quite dominant on there.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 pm

wonder for you to not get it in wakefield, i’ve got it here stereo light is flicking on & off playing drum & bass, reception is abit better on my end fed dipole, it always is, unique comes in almost clear on it, it might be just the location of the aerial

o_blackburn
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by o_blackburn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:15 pm

It seems to be getting out better now. I can hear it at home nearly fully quietening apart from when Radio 2 occasionally wipes it out. Weirdly, it's better on the horizonal rather than the vertical Yagi.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:23 am

did get it at sea level few miles away, seems really selective only appearing on an odd hill here and there, we got it on top of the hill in ponte, just before going down towards the new colleage, i felt it might be coming from the south east when it did that but then it quickly went altogether within afew 100 meters.

it dose appear clearer than at the weekend, the audio was stuttering out alot yesaday, went off brifefy today, shame its not as strong as peoples its audioable on a car radio all over the region, I prefer the music this is playing, there is no talk which is a good thing! they played a drum & bass version of olive your not alone

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Thu May 24, 2018 9:52 am

i've not heard this in afew weeks, shame as it reminded alot of the 90's when you get pirates on the air throught the day, tuning abit to scr radio, gave me something to tune my aerials to. Now its back to tunning to peak tempo and rsl stations to align my aerial