Streaming software

Discuss online-only, streaming stations from around the World Wide Web.
riot
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Streaming software

Post by riot » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Looking for a streaming software where I can upload mixes to the autopilot when there isn't a live DJ. The last one I was using would only play single tracks. Any recommendations?

riot
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: Streaming software

Post by riot » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Anyone?

sharky
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by sharky » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Sorry to be a bit thick, but if you can upload single tracks, then what's the problem ??
Surely a Mix would be a single track ??? If not, then there's your solution; encode the mix to a single track. You're looking at some kind of auto DJ, which most stream providers have in their packages at an added cost, failing that you'd have to build an entire playlist yourself and physically run it live off a player like winamp/itunes/wmp... the best thing for you to do is look for a provider ( the person who hosts your stream ) and see if it's included in a package. Other than that you'll have to build it yourself. Just search for AUTODJ providers in Google..
If you're going to put something on.... Don't brag, Just do; and for God's sake - do it properly!!!

riot
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by riot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Probably didn't explain myself properly. When I was using centova cast it would let me upload the mixes but wouldn't play them. But if its a single song it plays fine.

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:55 pm

That's odd. I've used Centova based stuff before and it handled mixes OK.

Try http://myautodj.com/

Sometimes an mp3 will disagree with the system and won't play, so it could be that your mixes were encoded in a way it didn't like or something.

riot
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by riot » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:53 pm

bristolpirates wrote:That's odd. I've used Centova based stuff before and it handled mixes OK.

Try http://myautodj.com/

Sometimes an mp3 will disagree with the system and won't play, so it could be that your mixes were encoded in a way it didn't like or something.

Thanks I will give that a go.

Bonus Radio
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Bonus Radio » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:48 pm

for automated 'AutoDJ' is your best opotion for programmed shows - although buggy and limited if you find out how to work around and do the odd restart once or twice a week fro myuor mobile it will run fine depending o nyuor timetable.
We syndicate a lot of our content as a bit of house keeping is needed, but syncs time-wise quite well with our social media auto programming.
things you need to know.
1 - you must have a shoutcast v2 stream. often sellers do not have it selected correctly on set up as 'V.1' is the defult.
2 - when you have live DJ's the playlist stops and continues where it was interupted after any live show, this will effect future shows that are longer than one track as software will not stop the track playing to start the next track/mix until the current one finshes playing. you have next track controls and restart available as a adjutment/fix on the move.

Another option is a always P.C running a live playback software system. with jingles/adds/mixes automated with a live show autoswitch over again. Sam broadcaster is a good place to start software wise.
:)

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:44 am

Shoutcast is OK-ish.....

I prefer Icecast. It's much more robust, has lots of nifty features, and handles a stack of MP3, OGG, AAC or whatever files flawlessly in automated mode. We had our station fall back to pre-recorded stuff when the live stream ceased. When that happens on Shoutcast, you drop all your listeners and they have to manually reconnect. With Icecast, the transition is seamless and the listeners stay connected!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

kackerlacka
ne guy
ne guy

Post by kackerlacka » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:44 am

We prefer Airtime. https://www.sourcefabric.org/en/airtime/
We run it on a 4tb dedicated server, with Owncloud intergration.