Netherlands Band Scan

Discuss radio from around the world. FM/DAB/AM/SW ...whatever the wavelength!
stationfinder
ne guy
ne guy

Netherlands Band Scan

Post by stationfinder » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:09 pm

* Note - I don't think this has been done on a UK forum so feel free to correct me:

July 2017:

94.5 - Boswachters & de Vonkentrekker
94.6 - Gambling FM
95.1 - Eadio K.V.D
95.9 - Sallandse Jagers
96.5 - Vrolijke Bouwvakkers
97.1 - AMC
104.4 - Studio Gimmert

Please note that stations appear to move and swap dials often! Big thanks to http://www.ontvangst.org/

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Netherlands Band Scan

Post by bristolpirates » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:05 pm

It would be good to see more of these bandscans here.

I've been on the Ulft tuner on Global Tuners a bit lately, heard a few stations including "Duck-Fucker FM" on 99.5 :D

Tonight, I've finally found something other than traditional Dutch music on Geheimezender.com (Noord Holland stream), a dance station 'Future FM 108'. Something was mentioned about Christmas earlier, so could be an archive recording but I thought these streams had to be live?

sde-1104
Neckmin
Neckmin

Post by sde-1104 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:39 pm

I'm due to update them all some time this week. The issue with NL pirates is they seem to move about all the time and don't broadcast as regular as say London pirates.

sproggy
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by sproggy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Didn't realise Decibel was a pirate.

martin61
ne guy
ne guy

Post by martin61 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:55 pm

bristolpirates wrote:It would be good to see more of these bandscans here.

I've been on the Ulft tuner on Global Tuners a bit lately, heard a few stations including "Duck-Fucker FM" on 99.5 :D

Tonight, I've finally found something other than traditional Dutch music on Geheimezender.com (Noord Holland stream), a dance station 'Future FM 108'. Something was mentioned about Christmas earlier, so could be an archive recording but I thought these streams had to be live?
The stream on Geheime zender.com of Future FM was live :tup

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:17 pm

martin61 wrote:
bristolpirates wrote:It would be good to see more of these bandscans here.

The stream on Geheime zender.com of Future FM was live :tup
Yeah, I figured that when it went off air a bit later on and the stream continued to go on playing static for ages :D

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Maximus
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Maximus » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:07 pm

That's a pretty tidy set. Quite enjoyed listening to it :)

martin61
ne guy
ne guy

Post by martin61 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:03 pm

August 2015
95.90 Drommelse Jongens Nieuwleusen
95.90 MaD Nieuwleusen
95.90 TTB Nieuwleusen
95.90 Zilverster Elim
94.50 3/4 Team Nieuwleusen
94.50 Tik v d Meule St.Jansklooster
97.00 Testarossa Ziewent
97.00 Nachtegaal Ruurlo
97.00 Kleine Jager Lichtenvoorde
97.50 Vrolijke Bouwvakker Westendorp
99.50 Testpiraat Spons Aalten
99.50 Haarts Kabaal Aalten
96.70 Siepel FM Beltrum
92.30 Muziekstad Kerkdriel
87.50 DanceRadio Amsterdam

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:04 am

There's also a lot of weekend activity at the top (and just above) the medium wave band. I can hear many of them in my place in the southern Netherlands, and a few are audible on the East Coast of the UK!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Persona Non Grata
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Persona Non Grata » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:27 pm

I've heard some of those Netherlands AM pirates in Ireland.

Oddly when I was staying in a hotel in Hilversum a few years ago I could hardly hear any at all. (Must have been the building)

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:00 pm

There seems to be a lot of FM activity strangely below 87.5 in the Netherlands like 84.1MHz for example, why is this?

RadioSputnik.nl
ne guy
ne guy

Post by RadioSputnik.nl » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:53 am

teckniqs wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:00 pm There seems to be a lot of FM activity strangely below 87.5 in the Netherlands like 84.1MHz for example, why is this?
Thats right!

In The Netherlands, there is a big history of FM DX'ing. in the 80's alot of stations DX'ing on the FM band horizontal with big yagi's and with conditions they make contacts true the country to other DX stations.

When the FM band was getting busy'er with commercial radio and local radio stations in the 90's, all the DX'ers moved to the 60 Cm band (480 - 500MHz)
So making contacts with other DX'ers true the country on 60Cm in Stereo, RDS and playing with sound processing to make a phat sound ;)

Than DVBT (digital television) came onair in The Netherlands. (between 2003 and 2008)
The lowest DVBT channels where in the 60Cm band. so then alot of stations moved to the 35 Cm band (around 868 MHz)

Since a couple of years. there is a new band. the DX'ers called it the 3,5 Meter band
Frequency range is from 84.0 till 87.4 MHz horizontal..
Most activity is every evening. espacialy on sunday evening.

The cool thing about the 3.5 meter band is, that there are second hand Japanese FM tuners who have the 3,5 meter band in the FM tuner without modification, because the FM band in Japan is from 76 till 95 MHz.

RadioSputnik.nl
ne guy
ne guy

Post by RadioSputnik.nl » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Persona Non Grata wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:27 pm I've heard some of those Netherlands AM pirates in Ireland.

Oddly when I was staying in a hotel in Hilversum a few years ago I could hardly hear any at all. (Must have been the building)
I think you where in the Dead Zone / Skip Zone of the AM pirates.
Most of them are located in the Norh East part of The Netherlands.
Hilversum is around 75 miles from them. then you are to far for Ground wave. and to close for Sky wave

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:36 pm

Getting in Den Haag now:

Smash FM 93.9 - good signal, with RDS.
Stad Den Haag 97.2 - OK signal, no RDS but with the radio positioned right its listenable
Dance Radio Den Haag 104.9 - bad signal where I am but better elsewhere in the city.

Good audio on all 3. No presenters that I have heard, just autoplayed music. I like Dance Radio Den Haag's output.
FM for lyfe!

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:14 pm

In Enschede, Monday:

95.9Mhz - unidentified - scrolling RDS "******** POASEI COMBI GEESTERN [phone number]". Very good signal.
97.5Mhz - unidentified - not able to get enough signal for a proper RDS decode, but theres *something* there.
99.6Mhz - Radio .S.V.H - good signal

Also found 107.1 which I though was a pirate, turns out its Accent FM - a legal station playing pirate hits. Can tell pirate radio has a good following in East NL. Still nothing compared to London though.
FM for lyfe!

RadioSputnik.nl
ne guy
ne guy

Post by RadioSputnik.nl » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:50 am

We build an website with realtime FM TEF tuners.

http://fm-tuner.nl/

on 2 locations. Almere (central Netherlands) and Zierikzee (south west Netherlands)

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:03 am

I do hear them in winter above 1600khz, mostly they play polka, 80’s music, not that keen on the 80’s music, i’d love to hear a polka pirate on fm, :mrgreen: I think someone in the uk did once hear one, would be nice to hear one in stereo. The only one I could id was radio Alabama, playing oldies similar to radio britannia in style

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:07 am

There used to be a lot of activity just below 4 MHz, particularly in the evenings. There were also plenty of stations in the 48m band, around 6.3MHz, including the famous "Farmers from Holland" station (every Sunday morning) which used to have a gigantic signal around the turn of the century. I remember "Spaceman" on 3995 kHz who was announcing a studio phone number. I gave him a call a few times from the UK, from Belgium and from France - nice guy.

Way back in the 70s, I built an AM rig on 6.3 MHz band that did about 200 Watts peak (using 813 valves, modulated with KT88s). We rigged an aerial, and found that there was an old iron drain running beneath the site, which made a great earth! We ran the station for a couple of months - on every Sunday daytime - with no response (except a few phonecalls from friends to confirm that it was travelling a bit).

We were close to giving it up when we got a phonecall from our mailing address, asking if I could call 'round and collect the mail.... When I got there, there were four large grey mail sacks full of mail for the station! I loaded it all into the boot of my car, and went back to the studio. When we went through the many hundreds of letters, QSL requests, postcards and so on, we discovered that we were covering almost half of the planet! They were from almost all over the planet - a stamp collector's dream!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)