ID this please

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

ID this please

Post by regulaterz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:13 pm

hi never seen something like this before my be because i have bean out the scene for ages .and tech has improved tenfold .but seen it up for sale was thinking of buying it :D

unsure of wattage or how to program it but see it for sale on a home brew site just have to state Frequency when ordering

http://i.picresize.com/cozS

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: ID this please

Post by Albert H » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 am

It's probably good (actually "bad") for about 800mW. Frequency is set by writing code into the 8-pin PIC there. On power-up, the PIC squirts data into the PLL IC to load the frequency information into the registers in the PLL chip. Changing frequency requires that PIC to be re-programmed or replaced.

The construction of the thing is pretty messy. I don't see the need for the two LPF filter coils at the output - they're not going to do much of use, since they can "see" each other, so harmonic attenuation will be insignificant. There's also no screening between stages - this isn't always necessary, but if you're going to make your exciter on the smallest piece of copperclad you can get away with, there really should be some effort to prevent inter-stage coupling and instability.

It appears to be a messy copy of an old exciter design, with poor layout, dreadful soldering and no means of readily setting frequency. The constructor also appears to have received a glue-gun for Christmas!

It's a bodge job!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:16 am

Come on - I think "insignificant" is a bit harsh. The two collinear coils will still contribute quite an amount of increase in gradient to the filter and a decent amount of rejection. More than if it weren't there, so it's not useless. Not saying you're wrong, far from it.

I think the biggest bodge is the five parallel transistors as an output device.

The PIC probably isn't going to like being so close to the RF output, or anywhere near the high power end. At least it's decoupled.

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:46 am

should i just buy one from china lol :lol:

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:01 am

I was given this similar thing a couple of years ago, no idea who built it but looks familiar.

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm

almost twins big up the glue gun massive lol .

RF-Head
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by RF-Head » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:39 pm

It's a unique electronics board :)
See the listing on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Export-60-Wat ... 7675.l2557

bipolar_transistor
ne guy
ne guy

Post by bipolar_transistor » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 pm

This is built by woodstar from this forum, he prints unique electronics.. Also known as woody..

This stuff is shit if I'm honest. The yellow coils act as a doubler and it almost always breaks into self oscillation when slightly untuned. Stay clear and do not buy!!! The exciter is a bad design, its not a copy as albert said as its wrong, the doubler should be one stage later. Honestly its utter crap...

Over the years ive seen many of these sprogging all over the gaff and also seen two raids because of these... remember the laylow fm days!! Them poor guys run these...

Undercover Neckz
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Undercover Neckz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Woody's up against some strong competition on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//331976526989

regulaterz
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by regulaterz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:50 pm

oh dear i brought it thats the one i never got it off ebay ether lol payd more then that for it too :whistle :lol: i suppose if i want a hollyday i could run it direct in a caravan in my field .lesson learnt it was from a 3rd party of an ad on another site .actually have dealt with dude before few years back for I.T stuff .so not blaming him got to make a living some way .anything salveigable on it :geek: ...and woody stuff cant be that bad surely .

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:02 am

bipolar_transistor wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 pm This is built by woodstar from this forum, he prints unique electronics.. Also known as woody..

This stuff is shit if I'm honest. The yellow coils act as a doubler and it almost always breaks into self oscillation when slightly untuned. Stay clear and do not buy!!! The exciter is a bad design, its not a copy as albert said as its wrong, the doubler should be one stage later. Honestly its utter crap..
You mate no nothing of our designs. I suggest you make your own. unique electronics supplies high quality equipment across the Globe. we now are FCC certified, and now certified under R&TTE. You will also see that I have 100% rating. You Sir are a TWAT

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

bipolar_transistor wrote: ↑

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:07 am

You mate no nothing of our designs. I suggest you make your own. unique electronics supplies high quality equipment across the Globe. we now are FCC certified, and now certified under R&TTE. You will also see that I have 100% rating. You Sir are a TWAT

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:37 am

I have no idear where that driver went out from, it's not us.

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:41 am

regulaterz wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm almost twins big up the glue gun massive lol .
That is a copy, but not our work. Nothing to do with us.

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:44 am

regulaterz wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm almost twins big up the glue gun massive lol .
That's maybe a copy but nothing to do with us.

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:48 am

That look evil, that is a copy of our drive...

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:57 am

Albert H wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 am It's probably good (actually "bad") for about 800mW. Frequency is set by writing code into the 8-pin PIC there. On power-up, the PIC squirts data into the PLL IC to load the frequency information into the registers in the PLL chip. Changing frequency requires that PIC to be re-programmed or replaced.

The construction of the thing is pretty messy. I don't see the need for the two LPF filter coils at the output - they're not going to do much of use, since they can "see" each other, so harmonic attenuation will be insignificant. There's also no screening between stages - this isn't always necessary, but if you're going to make your exciter on the smallest piece of copperclad you can get away with, there really should be some effort to prevent inter-stage coupling and instability.

It appears to be a messy copy of an old exciter design, with poor layout, dreadful soldering and no means of readily setting frequency. The constructor also appears to have received a glue-gun for Christmas!

It's a bodge job!
Mate you saying don't put any filtering on, your a dick bro, that needs it, 170 Watt amp it's going into,,,, a very high gain amp. Donut!

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:16 am

Mate your a total Twat, you may fool some of the dickheads on here. But not all, You sir should buy all the bits to make a PLL Fm Transmitter, in 5 years when eventually you have made I. I am waiting to see a frigging time traveling machine

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:24 am

Someone is copying our boards. badly,,,

thewoodstarr
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by thewoodstarr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:25 am

RF-Head wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:39 pm It's a unique electronics board :)
See the listing on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Export-60-Wat ... 7675.l2557
no its not its a copy!