Maritime FM 101.4

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Maritime FM 101.4

Post by teckniqs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:17 pm

I see it's now listed as 101.4 on the Frequency Finder but is it even on air yet?

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Maritime FM 101.4

Post by famefm » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Are you sure that's not the frequency it had when it was an SLR last year some of these list are out of date?

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 pm

There have been tests, but you'll notice that the Frequency Finder doesn't list a location or a power output. Several sites have been proposed and most have been rejected. At one point they suggested the use of the small (8-floor) block on top of Blackheath, which would give them excellent coverage of their target area with low power (RFL used that block very successfully back in the 70s!) but their coverage would have been too good from up there....

These Community Licences are all set up to fail. They put insane financial restrictions on the stations, to ensure that they can't pay their staff or actually ever make a profit, so they're supposed to be financially supported by their operators. They put restrictions on power output and coverage area, antenna design and transmission equipment, so that their FM coverage is certain to be poor, which will limit their audience to their own friends and family!

These "Community" efforts are just window-dressing for OFCOM, so that they can be seen to be "doing something" to reduce the pirates by giving them "legitimacy".

Have you noticed how many of these stations have died off within months of going on air?
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

4therecord
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 4therecord » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:17 pm

They defo did use 101.4 as famefm says on their last RSL.... I thought I saw on their application they were planning to use Charlton AFC's football ground as their TX.... I thought...

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:00 pm

They don't list RSL's on the Frequency Finder, do they know something we don't then?

... Ahh maybe it could be Valiant House the 17 storey tower block next to the stadium then because it wouldn't get very far from that.