I joined because of Albert H

Oh hello - you must be new. Introduce yourself to the radio world here!
FourierFun
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

I joined because of Albert H

Post by FourierFun » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:29 am

Hello everyone,

Though he doesn't know me personally, he is the reason I signed up. I enjoy electronics and computer engineerinsg and have been wanting to have some fun delving into transmitters. I have a few SoC transmitters (two BH1417 based and one QN8066) and wanted to see what was out there that wasn't so "integrated" yet might give better performance while being able to stay QRP. In my searching for different kit and board options, I came across a few threads that had feedback from Albert H (these threads were old... so old they came from the .com days but were quite valuable giving me background on some players in the game [and one to avoid]). So I decided to join and keep reading to try and make sense of the current landscape.

I have some questions, but I'll start threads in the appropriate sections. Just using this as a check in and to say hi.

BriansBrain
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain. One of the 7 islands off the N.W. coast of Africa.

Re: I joined because of Albert H

Post by BriansBrain » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:01 pm

:wcome

:tup
''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:46 pm

Thank you for your kind words. I'm an old chap, bit of a hippy, and like to share information. I've been lucky over the years, because many of the engineers I've worked with were happy to share their knowledge, and willing to help me to learn too.

I learned about basic electronics, RF design, aerials, power engineering, and everything else involved in the parts of engineering I've worked in. I learned mathematics (from my Father - also an engineer) at an early age, and that has proved to be one of the most useful tools in my intellectual "toolbox". I learned computer programming, and about embedded firmware, and all the stuff that goes with that. I learned about microwaves, and discovered the joys of plumbing!

These days, I'm happy to share my knowledge, and if I can help a fellow engineer to resolve a problem, then I'm happy to help. I learned - very early on - that there's little point in keeping knowledge to yourself: sharing it is the way to go. That is why I became involved in Open Source software and Operating Systems, and now contribute to the Linux kernel.

If there's one bit of advice I'd offer to young aspirant engineers, it's that they must become intellectual sponges and soak up as much knowledge as they can handle. More importantly, they must be prepared to share their knowledge for the benefit of others. I try to help when I can, and sooner or later I'll receive help - often from an unexpected source - that more than pays back my intellectual outlay!

Be kind. Share your knowledge, and never be too proud to learn from anyone!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:24 am

My little tiny transistors are hurting that you did not join for the rest of us! :cry:

Only jokes! :lol:
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Hugh
ne guy
ne guy

Post by Hugh » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:38 am

I've just stumbled across this forum and Albert H posts in my my search re Compressors & DIY FM. Great design approach Sir. I Used to be an RF design Engineer in a previous life when stuff was actually built in Australia. Have had a long time interest in Community Radio in Rural Australia.

rigmo
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by rigmo » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:40 pm

ALBERT IS RF JESUS ! GOD ! golden soul and his heart to!

WEBB-TECH
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by WEBB-TECH » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:15 pm

rigmo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:40 pm ALBERT IS RF JESUS ! GOD ! golden soul and his heart to!
Understatement. I love reading what he has to share.

rigmo
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by rigmo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:50 pm

[/quote]

Understatement
[/quote]
far from it " peace brother. he is icon! (highlander) ;)

radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radionortheast » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:25 am

I kind of wish i'd of never of joined most of the time :?