How long will capital go on fm for

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

How long will capital go on fm for

Post by radionortheast » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:59 pm

:lol: :lol: Wondering fm seems to be becoming more like am with oldies stations :rip , you have the greatest hits taking over all the local radio transmitters to provide a national station, then think there is also hits radio, i've heard people talking about else were, it seems to be the remaining commercial radio transmitters that its going to be using, maybe keeping the old rds names for now.

outis
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: How long will capital go on fm for

Post by outis » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:22 pm

radionortheast wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:59 pm :lol: :lol: Wondering fm seems to be becoming more like am with oldies stations :rip , you have the greatest hits taking over all the local radio transmitters to provide a national station, then think there is also hits radio, i've heard people talking about else were, it seems to be the remaining commercial radio transmitters that its going to be using, maybe keeping the old rds names for now.
eventually perhaps. But not anytime soon.

radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: How long will capital go on fm for

Post by radionortheast » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:08 am

Thinking about it they might just flip it to another station which plays 80’s/90’s a few songs from today, I looked it is owned by global, , that already plays that format through Heart fm. I wonder myself I suppose this would be abit far fetched, if they might filp the transmitter over in humberside that at the moment relays capital on 105.8 to Heart, at the moment Heart has only one main transmitter, no fm transmitter over there, Capital has two main transmitters. I can’t say the amount listening to either station on fm, i’m sure they must know how many people are listening to each transmitter, I suppose its the only thing keeping them on.