SINUS RDS PROJECT

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: SINUS RDS PROJECT

Post by radium98 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:46 am

guys if i can ask wich pcb do you use , i will etch one repeat the pcb and test the hex , nearly . thanks .Sinus is it the pcb of you , but forget where it is .or i am blind nowadays.

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:53 pm

where is Sinus ? hahaha i ask the pcb in pdf please .to test with you

3metrejim
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 3metrejim » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:36 pm

I've been looking for the Inovonics 710, circuit diagram without luck. I did find the one for the next model up, the 720. Here they moved the counters, EPROM lookup tables and other logic into a PIC and added another PIC as USB interface and user interface. The old computer driving technique having been replaced by interpreting serial commands. It still looks to use two op-amps for the output bandpass filter though (without the adjustments).

You can find the manual here if interested (under product resources): https://www.sonifex.com.au/inovonics-72 ... s-encoder/

obdbeats
ne guy
ne guy

Post by obdbeats » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:07 am

3metrejim wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:32 am A present, I hope it works ok. Seems to test out. But you've got the source code too (with plenty of comments and separated into sections where it needs to be read more easily, although some might be out of date or a little cryptic) so if there are any bugs, you may be able to fix them yourself...

Added 64 character RT capability and flipping of the text A/B flag (it is meant to clear a receiver screen before accepting a new RT so that one message doesn't overwrite another). Also short messages (ended with 0x0D) don't transmit the whole RT buffer, but go back to the start now.

I used one of the old MPASM versions to assemble.

Enjoy... :tup

WOWO! this RT 64 Chars is awesome!! but it's there any way to add PS PAGE or Scrolling PS too?

3metrejim
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 3metrejim » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:33 am

To have the PIC do scrolling PS or page, there are only 48 bytes of continuous memory left and the same in EEPROM, so you would be limited to that number of characters for that function (6 screens of 8, or 48 chars scrolling). You'd also have to arrange for the data to be saved & loaded to EEPROM, and add new commands to handle it. It would be possible, subject to the limits above, but I only have a 627 for testing and am already at 886 instructions out of 1024 for the code on that smaller PIC, so not sure the extra code needed would fit - wouldn't have that problem with a 628.

The other way would be to re-write the PC control software to maybe implement the PS tricks there (may already do it, but never tried as I don't load things up that have unknown origins).

As I'm in the UK, the specifications forbid dynamic PS so it never crossed my mind, and it was never implemented in MonRDS to begin with - My original goal was to remove bugs and do a minor upgrade, then share the results. I may attempt some stand alone dynamic PS, but no guarantees.

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:16 pm

If you can do thoses to the 16f88 because have more options and the standalone version of 628a thanks

3metrejim
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 3metrejim » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:59 pm

I may have chosen to disassemble the wrong version to start with (well it was a 50/50 toss up); the version with "laston" in the name. Maybe the others are not so buggy, and are meant to support scrolling PS (although the 628 version has the same limits to the scrolling/page PS as I would have).

You can find the other versions here: https://vrtp.ru/index.php?showtopic=11345&st=1350
Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll find a file called 'other information.zip' (I'd say hello to radium too, but they aren't accepting any new members :-) ), they are in there. Don't try the 'laston' version, as that is definitely buggy.

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:22 pm

hahahha thanks i would like to know how i can add a thermometer for that rds just curious

3metrejim
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 3metrejim » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:39 am

You really want to add the thermometer????! The instructions are in that zip file.

I sometimes really wonder if you are just having one of these... :lol:
laughing giraffe_2_small.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:08 am

On that page, you'll see my "Mon-RDS with PLL" for stereo synchronisation. I sent that to them over 10 years ago!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

3metrejim
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 3metrejim » Fri May 19, 2023 3:24 am

I've stumbled across a manual of the age before there was the PIRA rds. Very interesting, with several PIC ic's and using MC1496 mixers for both stereo and RDS modulators. There are no component values on the diagrams, but fairly easy to work out. It's for a model tx fm-1 /s/r/a from txtechniques in the UK. Looks like everyone was copying everyone else at the time (manual looks almost a copy of an SBS one).

https://www.manualslib.com/download/173 ... x-Fm1.html

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Fri May 19, 2023 11:30 am

3metrejim wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:39 am You really want to add the thermometer????! The instructions are in that zip file.

I sometimes really wonder if you are just having one of these... :lol:
laughing giraffe_2_small.png
I'm convinced that Radium98 is Lloyd1210 that used to be on the old Radionecks forum.

Some of Lloyd's posts were crazy. 😂

Do you remember him?

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat May 20, 2023 12:58 am

3metrejim wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:24 am I've stumbled across a manual of the age before there was the PIRA rds. Very interesting, with several PIC ic's and using MC1496 mixers for both stereo and RDS modulators. There are no component values on the diagrams, but fairly easy to work out. It's for a model tx fm-1 /s/r/a from txtechniques in the UK. Looks like everyone was copying everyone else at the time (manual looks almost a copy of an SBS one).

https://www.manualslib.com/download/173 ... x-Fm1.html
Now that really is amusing! "TXTechniques" used to buy their boards from mainland Europe.... You can probably guess which suppliers made which parts. The manual claims CENELEC certification, but that's a strage certification number.....
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sat May 20, 2023 2:28 pm

Mixin sorry i did not understood what really do you mean , anyway
this is my channel and my 80% percent projects , some fails some no.

and this is the rds i speaking about . Yes i did the thermometer , but it does not work with me .maybe fake ds18b20 or attiny2131. i did the pcb myself , and i am a noob with that drawing the led blink , maybe my connection was error , i did not see on the software of monrds the temperature .

any help is appreciated

rigmo
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by rigmo » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:44 pm

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:36 am

1QH7l0o.jpg
no this is not pira mini rds rigmo , this is vincent bruinink one , modified software by the turkish guy usta.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:40 am

how to set the scrolling speed in monrds DRT ? anyone know that .

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:52 am

Rigmo we already posted the said pirminirds under the name baby in this forum , and hex was provided by Albert H