Garage MC

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
sproggy
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Garage MC

Post by sproggy » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:40 pm

You don't hear a lot of MCs on air these days.

Who are your best garage DJ / MC combos still on radio today?

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Garage MC

Post by Casual » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:14 pm

Personally when it comes to Garage, I'd rather just hear the music without the MC interrupting it with gimmicky soundbites, wack lyrics & generally taking over the whole set (the same goes for D'n'B too). I was a fan in my teens/20's back in the day but now I'm nearly 40, I have zero interest in wanting to hear MC's on Garage or any other Dance genre - that also includes revisiting the stuff I would've been into back in the day which I know longer care for (no disrespect to any Garage MC's or anyone who still enjoys them!). If I wanna hear decent MC's/lyrics, I listen to Hip Hop.

You do have a point though, you do tend to hear MC's a lot less on the radio in this day & age then in years gone by.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:18 pm

I agree i don't miss MCs one bit and I like the fact that there a few stations now with just back to back music like livefmuk

Roobru
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Roobru » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:27 pm

Always found MC's on radio over garage and dnb rather cringe inducing. Very few actually add to the music, especially if they can't rap in time and don't have anything intelligent to say. No need for that self indulgent wankery 😁