The final words from East and Susie, last few minutes of the real Kool FM

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: The final words from East and Susie, last few minutes of the real Kool FM

Post by Ian » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:37 am

82EmbleyPoint wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:15 am Rinse have fucked Kool, to take a radio brand like that not even give it its own website/FM/DAB platform is a pisstake, if you look all the DJ’s say listen via Rinse FM and then hashtag Kool FM WTF. Rinse has been on a downward spiral for a while he has bought Kool purely to advertise Rinse!! Rinsing every bit of credibility that kool once had, if he loved Kool as much as he says he does he would made it its own radio station not some sort subsidiary of an old sold out pirate, it horrible watching a station that was once an institution being used as a cash cow! Listen to kool via rinse tells you all you need to know. RIP Kool FM & more importantly Kool London
Kool are now on London Trial DAB . Was only a matter of time . So now they are once again Kool without sharing with Rinse . And it’s great that as a London pirate they now go on to broadcast in London on DAB . Which is where these ex pirates should be .. listenable in London. Thumbs up for Kool 👍🏻

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:05 pm

The Surrey multiplex dab gets out a lot further than the inner London compex pointblank and release can be heard from most of London and the surrounding counties to the west and south of London

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:15 am

I agree. However point blank and release wasn’t ever East London or Essex based. Trial London gets out pretty much the same as Kool did as a pirate. East London and Essex. I couldn’t ever pick up pointblank on fm .
I’m saying it’s pointless for an ex London pirate to broadcast on DAB In areas that was never the broadcast site . Example Ireland, Cambridge, Bristol,Norwich, what is the point in that? Seems pointless. Iv listened to certain stations online that have on average 15 listeners. 5 being djs from that station and the rest genuine listeners. Atleast Rinse and Kool have stayed true to their broadcasts sites.
Rinse has done far better that most people expected . And for those who disagree, I’m sure they’re just about staying afloat in a pool of their own jealousy. It is what it is …

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:46 pm

You are right pointblank started 20 miles west of London originally and release and their dab sites are not very far from the last fm area pointblank were coming so it's not like moving to city's a 100 away to a new listening base

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:57 pm

famefm wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:46 pm You are right pointblank started 20 miles west of London originally and release and their dab sites are not very far from the last fm area pointblank were coming so it's not like moving to city's a 100 away to a new listening base
When I’m in the Surrey dab area I have listened to both point blank and release , I personally enjoy listening to release , when I’m over that way .

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Casual » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:09 pm

Ian wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:15 am I agree. However point blank and release wasn’t ever East London or Essex based. Trial London gets out pretty much the same as Kool did as a pirate. East London and Essex. I couldn’t ever pick up pointblank on fm .
I’m saying it’s pointless for an ex London pirate to broadcast on DAB In areas that was never the broadcast site . Example Ireland, Cambridge, Bristol,Norwich, what is the point in that? Seems pointless. Iv listened to certain stations online that have on average 15 listeners. 5 being djs from that station and the rest genuine listeners. Atleast Rinse and Kool have stayed true to their broadcasts sites.
Rinse has done far better that most people expected . And for those who disagree, I’m sure they’re just about staying afloat in a pool of their own jealousy. It is what it is …
Whilst I agree with the sentiment of your comment, I do find the last 2 lines strange as I don't see Rinse getting any hate or negativity. In fact they always seem to be rated & praised for what they do & how they've done it. Unless I've completely missed the boat on their haters?

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:48 pm

82EmbleyPoint wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:15 am Rinse have fucked Kool, to take a radio brand like that not even give it its own website/FM/DAB platform is a pisstake, if you look all the DJ’s say listen via Rinse FM and then hashtag Kool FM WTF. Rinse has been on a downward spiral for a while he has bought Kool purely to advertise Rinse!! Rinsing every bit of credibility that kool once had, if he loved Kool as much as he says he does he would made it its own radio station not some sort subsidiary of an old sold out pirate, it horrible watching a station that was once an institution being used as a cash cow! Listen to kool via rinse tells you all you need to know. RIP Kool FM & more importantly Kool London
This is what I was referring to. Seems pretty negative and ever so slightly jealous to me? Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of this post? Big up Rinse and Big up Kool , both on London trial , doing it well . That’s what I say .

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by zoostorm » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:19 pm

Kool now on the two small scale Bristol multiplexes at 64kbps AAC+. It was launched at the same time the legal SWU.FM now owned by Rinse returned on 103.7 and on DAB.