Britannia is nomore

Discuss & sharing nostalgia relating from the pirate stations of the 60s up to modern day inactive stations.
radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Britannia is nomore

Post by radionortheast » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:50 am

I just read on another forum the host of Radio Britannia has died, I only heard him on mw a year ago, apparently he been relaying old recordings due to his health, he had some of his equipment in his living room.

I definitely was a one off character, thought the music was a bit old for me, no more squeaky, nice to have differentiation, I feel often feel pirates are set up by groups, maybe why there is a problem between me and others.
https://radiofax.org/radiobritannia.html

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Britannia is nomore

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:02 pm

That is sad news! I learnt a lot today about Brittania and Ken from reading that link.. He must've really suffered towards the end, really sad.. Big respect to the longest pirate broadcaster in the UK, at least.. R. I. P. KENNY.
Thanks radionortheast..

reverend
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Britannia is no more

Post by reverend » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:51 pm

Growing up in Sheffield, Kenny's broadcasts, though not my style of music, were inspirational. It was amazing to hear such regular pirate programmes and spurred on the development of the station(s) I became involved in. RIP Kenny
if it ain't broke, keep tweaking