Fresh Leeds no audio through dab or online

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Fresh Leeds no audio through dab or online

Post by radionortheast » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:36 pm

Noticed since at least last sunday afternoon they’ve not been transmitting any audio, (over a week) the only place I can get a signal is in the bath, the other stations come throught and are playing audio, thought Mighty was displaying all the wrong song titles.
I’ve heard these small scale dab networks pick up the stream from the internet, if theres any problem they don’t play anything, with other broadcasters have something an automated tape that kicks in automatically, the online stream appears to be not working at the moment. https://www.freshleeds.com

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Fresh Leeds no audio through dab or online

Post by Albert H » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:27 am

Any 'net-linked station I've ever engineered has always had a back-up audio player of some sort at the link receiver so that if the link is lost or corrupted, a pre-recorded show can go out until the "link" is fixed.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Frequent Lee
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Frequent Lee » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:36 pm

The owner is seriously ill in hospital and has been for some time. Due to gdpr rules ofcom and the dab carrier won't discuss anything else or allow anyone to submit alternative stream details as there is only one person with the relevant information for the servers and as said he is very poorly and unable to sign a document for anybody to act on his behalf until he is well enough.

radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radionortheast » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:47 pm

Wow what a mess, there is so much red tape data protection laws, who can really do anything, reminds me of when my grandma was ill, wish the operator a speedy recovery anyway.
Albert H wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:27 am Any 'net-linked station I've ever engineered has always had a back-up audio player of some sort at the link receiver so that if the link is lost or corrupted, a pre-recorded show can go out until the "link" is fixed.
Even those crappy car transmitters would switch off, at least some of the old variety if no audio or music was detected, I guess that is a different thing.