Norwich tower blocks

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.
Mushroomcraft
ne guy
ne guy

Norwich tower blocks

Post by Mushroomcraft » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:57 am

Hello, I would like to access the roofs of the council tower blocks of Norwich, however they seem to be protected by some random skeleton key locks. All I know is that my FB keys don't fit them, and it's not Gerda keys. Anyone know what keys they use, or have one? Are they even the same, or does each tower have a unique lock?

This is Markham Tower in Mile Cross

Someone seems to have drawn the shape of the key on the gate

Lock Picking Lawyer has made a video on that lock box, so I might try that out one day

fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Norwich tower blocks

Post by fmuser877 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 pm

I bet a signal get out good from there

Mushroomcraft
ne guy
ne guy

Post by Mushroomcraft » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:46 am

fmuser877 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 pm I bet a signal get out good from there
Norwich doesn't have many tall buildings; the tallest is the historical Cathedral. I bet if one tower got hyjacked, there could be radio for the whole city. Winchester would be the most appealing, since it's the taller type, and it's on a hill. Weirdly it looks the easiest to get onto the roof, as there's only a door, no gate, no cameras.

techie76
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by techie76 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:06 pm

Take a picture off the keyway ( where the key goes in ) might be able to identify it from there. I just noticed take look where the bolt is you might have a name on the plate :tup

Mushroomcraft
ne guy
ne guy

Post by Mushroomcraft » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:25 pm

techie76 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:06 pm Take a picture off the keyway ( where the key goes in ) might be able to identify it from there. I just noticed take look where the bolt is you might have a name on the plate :tup
I'm currently not home, but I'll be sure to do that... in a months time. I have a feeling it's just some random skeleton key, each tower having different keys. Currently I think the best bet is to open the lock box, which I will definitelly also try one day.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:39 pm

There's been two stations from Norwich that I know of...
Flight FM 100.0 and Style FM 88.4 and I'm pretty sure they were able to get up the tower blocks, but the locks have probably been changed long since then as that was back in the late 90s to early 00s.