Any pirates in Greater Manchester area?

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Any pirates in Greater Manchester area?

Post by LeeCavanagh » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:05 am

I know your pro base, that’s fine , but why say the “older generation can learn a thing or too’. I consider myself one of the older generation (no doubt about that), and I’ve already said I respect anyone who comes on 24/7, but let’s be honest they have not been on non stop for 3 years , and when they started the equipment sounded terrible the transmitter was buzzing in a bad way - thankfully they got passed that, and have captured the attention of a new generation on anoraks , but it’s not really my thing anymore (I’ve done my time in blocks of flats playing dance tunes to the masses, and even club nights).
Now let’s remind ourselves that. Lazer and soul nation were on 24hrs for years in the early late 80s and 90s, and unity who went on to get a community licence, guess what they got old too.
I know you were not aiming directly at me when you were being ageist, but for the record, I choose not to take the risk Of running a 24hr station after the Dti had a word (but I can still respect anyone who has the balls to do it - but that’s where it ends)
Sony ST 920 QS

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:05 pm

Was good to hear Sam Brown (ex Lazer) on Panacea Radio dab this morning
Sony ST 920 QS

Blackjake
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Blackjake » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:39 pm

Guyofthenorth wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:05 pm Base FM are planning something massive I think for the better watch this space BASE FM WILL ALWAYS DOMINATE MANCHESTER they will never die out #boom #bigbadbase
From that comment, I assume you mean that Base fm plan to take up all the remaining frequencies in the North West and broadcast different streams on different frequencies removing freedom of choice for listeniners ,exactly what the BBC did and that is the reason why pirate radio started from the older generation as you like to put it
I think you need to do a bit of homework on this subject. The older generation are very much involved in modern and latest techno dance music. A good example of this is the London pirate station Skyport Radio and is run by Mark King who happens to be 66 years of age. Sometimes, my mate at Radio Overdrive, relays the station for the North West and he is 71 years old. So you know nothing. Live and learn son.

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:25 pm

I don’t think they will do that, likely just means they will just keep coming back on each time they get taken off. And maybe more power (although they don’t need it if they are only doing Manchester)

In the app Audials there are two entries for basefmuk one has audio and the other only has audio at the top of the hour , possible the latter is for when they actually do live stuff

Maybe Leeroy or guy from North could elaborate

Totally agree with your other point
Sony ST 920 QS

Blackjake
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Blackjake » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:31 pm

LeeCavanagh wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:25 pm I don’t think they will do that, likely just means they will just keep coming back on each time they get taken off. And maybe more power (although they don’t need it if they are only doing Manchester)

In the app Audials there are two entries for basefmuk one has audio and the other only has audio at the top of the hour , possible the latter is for when they actually do live stuff

I hope you're right. :whistle

oldtech
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by oldtech » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:32 am

Blackjake wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:39 pm
Guyofthenorth wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:05 pm Base FM are planning something massive I think for the better watch this space BASE FM WILL ALWAYS DOMINATE MANCHESTER they will never die out #boom #bigbadbase
I think you need to do a bit of homework on this subject. The older generation are very much involved in modern and latest techno dance music. A good example of this is the London pirate station Skyport Radio and is run by Mark King who happens to be 66 years of age. Sometimes, my mate at Radio Overdrive, relays the station for the North West and he is 71 years old. So you know nothing. Live and learn son.
The age gap for music formats has mainly disappeared with music of all eras and genres available online, many young people listen to 70's rock and old folks listen to the latest EDM/Techno etc. Attached are some of the variety of genres from the HÖR BERLIN music site.
genres-2023.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blackjake
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Blackjake » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:25 pm

oldtech wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:32 am
Blackjake wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:39 pm
The age gap for music formats has mainly disappeared with music of all eras and genres available online, many young people listen to 70's rock and old folks listen to the latest EDM/Techno etc. Attached are some of the variety of genres from the HÖR BERLIN music site.genres-2023.png
Thanks for that. I think you're spot on oddtech

jvok
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by jvok » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:15 pm

Base are back on 100.8 today. No RDS but ID'd as base several times. "Live" vinyl set although think it might be recorded because DJ said it was Friday, could just be a mistake though

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:34 am

The internet stream still says Mr Wendy DJ, they restored 'base' audio not long after i pointed out that there were two streams, one with audio and one without, it could be a coincidence. You would however expect to know that already. Strange how when it went off and onto panacea etc that there was the other base stresm that still had audio, like someone didnt get the memo. They love plying the word base repeatedly over a mix dont they.
Sony ST 920 QS

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:09 am

I like the dance party weekly chart they play, which station is that recorded from (as the presenter doesnt id the station)?
Sony ST 920 QS

Guyofthenorth
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Guyofthenorth » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:36 pm

I don't work for the station at all I just pointed out that what they normally do when they go off for what ever they always seem to come back with a big signal @blackjake I don't think what you said about taking up the rest of the frequencys is correct as from a comment before from Leroybase that they don't intend to start trouble or upset
I give you my opinion and it's only a opinion
I think they just want to stay on and give there kinda music out to Manchester I agree with Lee about saying base alot but obviously it's what they like
I'll be honest it's got a very much London pirate station feel I'm also sure it's run by someone from London not something I'd like to get involved in with them kinda people they do anything to keep on the FM iv had people tell me stories hopefully just stories but still not my tipple

Like I said it's just my opinion

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:07 pm

I’ve heard plenty of stories too, not about them directly, but you only have to look in radionecks about rig thefts and the like . But as I say that wasn’t about base. And if they say they don’t want to upset then it wouldn’t be wise to try intimidation or bully type tactics. I’ve caught a trespasser myself last summer. Tried saying he was delivering a parcel but didn’t knock and didn’t have a white van outside the house , walked off down the road where his mate picked him up , the early 90s in Manchester was full of shit heads spoiling what would otherwise have been a lovely community of different stations (I often moonlighted on other stations), so it’s not just a London thing, up north has its own set of stories too. Including car chasing, one dj I know of hot beaten up when leaving the block of flats after doing a show (it’s easier these days to do remote stuff). I remember having to not only spy for the dti (like the song) but also spy for rogue stations not liking other stations on the dial , some people thought they owned the airwaves. One guy smashed his own window when his parents told him to turn his transmitter off. I’ve known people steal rigs and then after making several trips around Manchester and knocking on doors it then got anonymously returned (not so anonymous though , I know all the people who were in the car although he full details took years to come to light , it turned out to be because another presenter on our station had given someone a bit of a hard time on air and that was the outcome , o hold no grudge as they did return it.
Sony ST 920 QS

Luckz-basefm
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Luckz-basefm » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:25 pm

Blackjake wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:31 pm
LeeCavanagh wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:25 pm I don’t think they will do that, likely just means they will just keep coming back on each time they get taken off. And maybe more power (although they don’t need it if they are only doing Manchester)

I hope you're right. :whistle
@blackjake he is right the daddy is here now if you have anything you want to ask me pm me

covidplandemic
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by covidplandemic » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:12 pm

I agree base fm I had to be king of the pirates👍

Guyofthenorth
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Guyofthenorth » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:56 am

Base FM seem to be totally off (ofcom) maybe
Been a week with nothing hope everything is ok with the people behind base FM @luckz-base are you coming back

Guyofthenorth
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Guyofthenorth » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:58 am

covidplandemic wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:12 pm I agree base fm I had to be king of the pirates👍
For Manchester in the recent years I agree
There totally off at the moment 😞 hopefully there be back soon
I personally hope they do

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:30 pm

Don't worry!
http://stream.wk-end.co.uk/

Studio Number> 07551-887-997

Blackjake
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Blackjake » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:12 pm

I see there's some very interesting information that's Radio Overdrive 101.4 has recently put out on there coming events section on there website.
It worth a view.
:whistle

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 am

No sign of base yet, no reply to my private message either , last I heard was they had a new location ready to go (but then they disappeared), I expected them to come back really quickly but maybe just keeping heads down given there were some take downs in Birmingham as well.
Sony ST 920 QS

Guyofthenorth
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Guyofthenorth » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:44 am

No base fm but today I have seen WK -end on 100.8 in Manchester any idea who it is what's happened to base fm 😭